Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Flexed-up Photos...Put em here!!!

Old 09-05-2009, 06:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is about all the flex I can get right now. Hopefully I can save up for a lift soon!!!!

Old 09-05-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by justbandit55
This is about all the flex I can get right now. Hopefully I can save up for a lift soon!!!!

You can go ahead and get some Teraflex quick disconnects for around $100, that's what I have....you probably will rub a bit with the 33's and no lift on the front, but it shouldn't be too bad. Here's mine with disconnects and NO lift on 32's:

And the same spot with a 2.5" spacer lift and shock extensions:

And now with the 3.25" Rough Country and 33's....not at full droop here, but that's the best pic I have so far.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
You can go ahead and get some Teraflex quick disconnects for around $100, that's what I have....you probably will rub a bit with the 33's and no lift on the front, but it shouldn't be too bad. Here's mine with disconnects and NO lift on 32's:

And the same spot with a 2.5" spacer lift and shock extensions:

And now with the 3.25" Rough Country and 33's....not at full droop here, but that's the best pic I have so far.

What exactly do the disconnects do? Do you need them in order to have a lift?
Old 09-06-2009, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

What exactly do the disconnects do? Do you need them in order to have a lift?
They basically replace the sway bar end links so that you can disconnect them to gain more travel. You can use them on both stock and lifted vehicles.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok so i kinda get what your saying. With the disconnects i get more of a flex, ?... But why not just leave them disconeted all the time?
Old 09-06-2009, 12:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok so i kinda get what your saying. With the disconnects i get more of a flex, ?... But why not just leave them disconeted all the time?
Once you drive it disconnected you'll see why....the body will lean over pretty bad around turns and if you have to make any quick movements like if someone pulled out in front of you then it would not be the safest situation to be in. You can drive disconnected and it won't hurt anything, but it's always the "what if".
Old 09-06-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Super Freak

And actually just a lift wont give me more of a flex will it? I have my eye on this

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16117_1003.htm

Its really all I can afford right now.
also I want the disconnects too

I just didnt know if it was a good thing that my tires are being lifted off and slamming into the ground.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:24 PM
JK Super Freak

disconnecting lets the front suspension have way more flex...gives you more traction because it allows the tires to stay in contact with the ground longer. Here's some old pics of mine that i took to illustrate what I'm talking about.....

front connected

front disconnected

front connected (note the body lean)

same spot, front disconnected (body level)
Old 09-06-2009, 12:27 PM
JK Super Freak

And actually just a lift wont give me more of a flex will it? I have my eye on this

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16117_1003.htm

Its really all I can afford right now.
also I want the disconnects too

I just didnt know if it was a good thing that my tires are being lifted off and slamming into the ground.
The lift itself may provide slightly better flex depending on the shock travel....but here's another option and it's cheaper:

Rough Country 2.5" Budget Boost with shock extensions (you keep your current shocks)......
http://roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_2.html

Also, here's some cheaper disconnects that are similar to the Teraflex....
http://roughcountry.com/jeep_xtras_1146.html

Last edited by JK-KJ; 09-06-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Sweet, So thats giving me a 2.5 inch lift without having to get new shocks!! Ive heard stories about people just putting spacers and not shocks and there tires come off. lol... But i wouldnt have to worry about that with this right? If not then thats what im getting. thanks man

Quick Reply: Flexed-up Photos...Put em here!!!