Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Flender Chop!

Old 06-26-2007, 10:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flender Chop!

Got everything I needed tonight so I decided to go ahead and tackle the job. I wanted to make mine a bit wider than MichaelW's because I live here in LA. I'm going to try to come up with a way to mount a hacked up inner fender too for protection. The rear fenders will stay the same for now. The front bumper might get the stubby treatment as well but I have a shrockworks on the way so It might be a waste of time. Big thanks to Michael's write-up! Made it much easier!

Used a sawzall to get this shape then Reef gave me the great idea to use a cheese grater to make for a very simple tool.

Kinda looks weird with the front bumper. We'll see if the Shrockworks bumper shows up first or I get the urge to hack this one wins the battle.

Went ahead and removed the air dam while I was retrieving dropped bolts.

Now I can see the tire when I lean out the window!!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:35 PM
JK Super Freak

WOW pigeonfarmboy you don't waste any time do you? You have had it for what, 2 weeks? How many miles do you have?

I am excited to get mine and take it out and get it dirty, but I am not sure I could hack on it like that until at least the honeymoon with it is over! Hats off too you, you have a bigger set than I!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:39 PM
JK Super Freak

I saw you are getting a shrockworks bumper, which one? I am going to order a shrockworks stubby when I get mine. What are your plans for lift, tires, etc. etc.?
Old 06-27-2007, 03:09 AM
JK Freak

you need a pilots license to fly that jeep
Old 06-27-2007, 03:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just because you have an idea does NOT make it a good one. That looks fawking terrible. A travesty, looks cheap and hacked, what a waste of a good set of fenders. You should have waited till PS or someone came out with tube fenders or something. Bad. Bad. Bad.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:26 AM
JK Freak

Looks good! I am trying to decide if I want to take mine off or do a little fender hacking! I think I will try having them off for a while, only problem will be everything that the tires throw!
Old 06-27-2007, 04:35 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, that takes some guts to go after a new vehicle with the sawzall and cheese grater! If i walked out the door with those in the hand, the spousal unit would faint. She already has a conniption everytime i walk out with a ratchet in my hand...

I am undecided on this. I like the Orange Skunkworks one shown here:

Less extreme trim job, but the look is good. If i was really going to twist mine i might trim them way back like you did, but i wont be doing that type of wheeling so i wouldnt need it. If i could do the orange version... which i can... i might... But i think i will wait until i finish trashing my painted flares. Then ill hack 'em and repaint them.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ToTheWall
Just because you have an idea does NOT make it a good one. That looks fawking terrible. A travesty, looks cheap and hacked, what a waste of a good set of fenders. You should have waited till PS or someone came out with tube fenders or something. Bad. Bad. Bad.
You're just pissed beacause you're wife won't let you do it.... I'm actually planning to put PSC tubes on the second they're released.

As for everyone else thanks for the compliments. The JK is only 1.5 weeks old yes but wheeling this last weekend made me realize how easy it would be to rip these off on the trail. Not to mention you can't really see the position of the tire. Also I absolutely detest the look of the vehicle with the full fenders.

As far as lift/tires I plan to go with the Donahoe Racing 6" and 37" MTRs. I ordered the Shrockworks stubby front.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A little heat on the edges will clean it up. Looks good! Just wish I had the balls to do it myself.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

ITS YOUR JEEP BRO I LIKE IT. DONT LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO JUST BAD MOUTH IT enjoy your jeep cant wait to see what else you do with it

Quick Reply: Flender Chop!