Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Flat or cut flares with stock tires

Old 06-05-2014, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flat or cut flares with stock tires

Any JK's running stock tires with cut or flat fender flares? Any pics would be appreciated! My budget is low right now and I don't want to wind up with something that doesn't look right. I have searched but most have bigger tires. Thanks
Old 06-05-2014, 10:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-Paul
Any JK's running stock tires with cut or flat fender flares? Any pics would be appreciated! My budget is low right now and I don't want to wind up with something that doesn't look right. I have searched but most have bigger tires. Thanks
Here is my junk just after I chopped the fenders and just before I drove to the tire shop (lift was not installed yet either). I'm not sure you would want to run this way purposely, it looks dumb as hell:

Old 06-05-2014, 10:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Paul
I can understand your desire to do 'something' to your Jeep, but this isn't "it".
Ever heard of - "Form follows function" ?
A form that doesn't follow function usually looks bad. Such fenders, with stock wheels, indeed look silly.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Chili;3925588]Here is my junk just after I chopped the fenders and just before I drove to the tire shop (lift was not installed yet either). I'm not sure you would want to run this way purposely, it looks dumb as hell:

That's exactly he type of info I'm looking for, thanks. Nice job cutting the flares, they look great.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=JK-Paul;3925606]
Originally Posted by Chili
Here is my junk just after I chopped the fenders and just before I drove to the tire shop (lift was not installed yet either). I'm not sure you would want to run this way purposely, it looks dumb as hell:

That's exactly he type of info I'm looking for, thanks. Nice job cutting the flares, they look great.
Thank you sir.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:20 PM
JK Super Freak

You could do this fender mod done by JeepSwag, I personally like it. Not a full trim but something to add character to your Jeep
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3849433191.jpg
Views:	846
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	557838  
Old 06-05-2014, 05:37 PM
JK Freak

I like the chopped look in some. Hate it on others. I say cut them. Then if ya don't like the way they turn out. Get some bushwhackers. I love mine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1267847145.jpg
Views:	792
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	557839   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3862169179.jpg
Views:	765
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	557840  
Old 06-05-2014, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't do it!

I have Bushwacker flat fenders with stock 17's on right now while I wait for my 35's and it looks terrible.

I don't have any pictures at the moment if I remember I'll take one tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ahfunaki
Don't do it! I have Bushwacker flat fenders with stock 17's on right now while I wait for my 35's and it looks terrible. I don't have any pictures at the moment if I remember I'll take one tomorrow.
With cut or bushwhackers, stock tires will look small. If you go flat you inevitably will have to increase your tire size. I presume you like the bushwhackers with 35's.

This will not look any worse with BW than a chopped flare... A chopped flare creates an even larger appearing gap between the flare and tire.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lone*krwler
You could do this fender mod done by JeepSwag, I personally like it. Not a full trim but something to add character to your Jeep
Hmm...I do like that, something a little different. I'll have to see if I can look him up for more pics. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Flat or cut flares with stock tires