Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Flash Flood Jeep Run

Old 08-10-2011, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Flash Flood Jeep Run

Check out my videos from the other day when my area flooded due to heavy rain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm24geT-lx4&feature=channel_video_title
This one should be a Jeep Commercial!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2S7uwUmkLA&feature=channel_video_title
Old 08-10-2011, 08:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad to see that you didn't hydrolock, and maybe it would have been nicer if it wasn't such a populated area, but if i was one of those people in a car around you i would be super pissed...
Old 08-10-2011, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
glad to see that you didn't hydrolock, and maybe it would have been nicer if it wasn't such a populated area, but if i was one of those people in a car around you i would be super pissed...
Yea I think your pretty lucky you didnt hydrolock also...I know it takes quite a bit to get to do it but you had a lot of water coming up.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
Hydrolock? Not so sure what that is exactly... And yeah it was a bit too crowded on the one highway. The people in the cars around us were all not moving. So we figured, this is what a Jeep is made for and just went through it. It was fun.

Last edited by Rubiguy24; 08-10-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rubiguy24

Hydrolock? Not so sure what that is exactly... And yeah it was a bit too crowded on the one highway. The people in the cars around us were all not moving. So we figured, this is what a Jeep is made for and just went through it. It was fun.
Awesome ! Looks like a lot of fun, I would have done the same thing, it's a jeep that's what it's meant to do!! And what is hydrolock?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hydrolock is when your engine intake get water in and your engine.... Well gets screwed..... But I think it takes much more water to do that. And btw I really like doi g this, too. Nice video.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm suprised you guys don't know what hydrolocking is?

It is when water gets into your intake, but more importantly the air that goes in is compressed and the fuel is combusted and then the pistons move.. you know how an engine works right? well water does not compress like air(gas particles) do. Getting water in your intake results in toasted rods, holes in cylinder walls and a totally fucked engine. Having a CAI puts you more at risk than the stock intake, but if you're going to keep doing stuff like that i would invest in a snorkel to be really safe.

Take a look at your airbox and see how much water is in there. It only takes a little to matter.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ECHO
Great video's.. wondering how many of them you passed were thinking " Damn; I wish I owned a Jeep"
x2 ... I thought the same thing - Jeep's rock.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

I like the coach wallet on the dash
Old 08-10-2011, 12:46 PM
JK Freak

I'm in awe...of your wipers!!!!

Quick Reply: Flash Flood Jeep Run