Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

First real mod

Old 12-03-2011, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First real mod

Well I finished my first real mod early this morning. I picked up some used rubicon shocks with less than 1k miles for $45. I absolutely love the ride I have now, much more responsive than the stock sport shocks. Best $45 I ever spent. Also this morning I had to test em out, so I ran rattlesnake for the first time with dremex showing me the ropes. I had my first off roading casualty...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20111203_125321.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	244873

No sticks or rocks around, just must have found a weak spot in the sidewall. All in all I had a blast!
Old 12-03-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well the casualties gotta start somewhere... Glad you had a blast doing it though!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Southern Girl
Well the casualties gotta start somewhere... Glad you had a blast doing it though!
Yea, and hopefully it's still under warranty, it only had 13k miles on it. If not, I'll just be that much closer to getting duratrac 33's
Old 12-03-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rattymml
Yea, and hopefully it's still under warranty, it only had 13k miles on it. If not, I'll just be that much closer to getting duratrac 33's

LOL...yep that's the only excuse needed for bigger/beefier tires!!!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a feeling 33's are coming
Old 12-03-2011, 11:56 AM
JK Freak

Did you air down?

Should air down even on stockers when offroading.

Skip 33s o straight to 35s/37s.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robsmst
Did you air down?

Should air down even on stockers when offroading.

Skip 33s o straight to 35s/37s.
No I didn't, I was running on 31 or 32 psi, I figured I needed all the clearance I could get for this run. I'm tempted to get 35s but the cost involved to run 35s or 37s correctly are quite a bit out of my range right now.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Look at zone 3" lifts.

Flat fender mod.

Keep an eye out for used 35s.

That's what I did. Did suspension and used tires with 80% thread left for $1,200. Just have to keep an eye out for those deals. The zone is a deal itself. No problems and now my jeep is pretty much unstoppable. Since I wenT MT Claws ive not once used my lockers. Aired down to 12-14 range. Mud. Rocks. Sand hills. You name it.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robsmst
Look at zone 3" lifts.

Flat fender mod.

Keep an eye out for used 35s.

That's what I did. Did suspension and used tires with 80% thread left for $1,200. Just have to keep an eye out for those deals. The zone is a deal itself. No problems and now my jeep is pretty much unstoppable. Since I wenT MT Claws ive not once used my lockers. Aired down to 12-14 range. Mud. Rocks. Sand hills. You name it.
I have my heart set on an ome lift, so I've been keeping my eyes open for some used heavy duty springs and some long travel shocks. I figure if I can't find it used I can be saving my money to buy the lift I want new. I haven't heard a while lot about bds and zone products, but I remember seeing somewhere that bds has pretty quality hardware, so I'm guessing zone would as well. What came with your zone lift kit?
Old 12-03-2011, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

Ome is nothing but good feedback. I was considering that too. Checkout the morthirdhe4x4 emu deals/sets.

Zone came with gas shocks (option), rear links (rear stock go to front), springs, rear track bar bracket for realignment. I think that's it. Going off he top of my head.

Zone sells other items if you want additional adjustment.

Quick Reply: First real mod