Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

FIrst night in the Rooftop Tent and the radio now putting out a gale warning.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, greetings from rainy Quebec City.

Last week, we spent our first night out in the rooftop tent, at Wycocomaugh province park in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, and the weather beacon was putting out a gale warning. The tent stayed put and everyone stayed warm. My wife was a bit freaked at the prospect of being in the tent in the gale, but once everyone got settled in the family calmed down. Five in this tent is a tight fit, but it worked. Here's a picture I took as people were settling in. A by-product of the gale was the crystal clear skies. Look close and you can see the stars.

http://www.countingfireflies.com/home/transport.aspx

Chris

Last edited by chasingfireflies; 10-22-2011 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Fixed the link
Old 10-22-2011, 07:20 AM
JnT
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't see the pic. Link just asks me to log in....
Old 10-22-2011, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have been to the same park and very scenic Cape Breton's Cabot Trail, one of the most scenic drives going. I bet the RTT experience was sweet as I also camp with one....also link asked for a login to see any pics
Old 10-22-2011, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

Default bad link

Sorry about the bad link. I fixed it.

Chris.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

I want one of those! - something else to add to the list
Old 10-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Bjl
JK Newbie

That's awesome. I wish i hadn't opened this post cause now its on my list, Haha. Looks like y'all had a good time
Old 10-22-2011, 11:16 AM
JK Jedi

I'm sure it was windy but you guys look like you were in the trees a bit and probably protected somewhat. I doubt very much that tent could handle 90 mph gusts with no protection..but I could be wrong.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
I'm sure it was windy but you guys look like you were in the trees a bit and probably protected somewhat. I doubt very much that tent could handle 90 mph gusts with no protection..but I could be wrong.
AKADAVE Here in Canada we have kph so the 90mph you read was 90kph. So 90kph. here is 56mph..not to fast lol..

Quick Reply: FIrst night in the Rooftop Tent and the radio now putting out a gale warning.