Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

First "Mod"!!!

Old 08-17-2014, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
so do you back into alot of stuff? or just wanted the armored lights look? they look pretty good either way my first real mod shows up on monday, its a bush bar for my front end to keep deer from taking out the radiator/headlights, we have alot of ****in white tail deer in this part of the world (think nyc rats, but 200+ pounds and 4-6 feet tall). **** vermin deer.
LOL we have that issue here as well! If you ever move and change your name to Michigan Man Tim you'll at least be ready for the damn deer! Haha

Big Truck: No Little Truck, we can't go there!
Jeep: Silly truck! I am a Jeep!
*goes there*
Old 08-17-2014, 08:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxcustody
looks good, I was looking at those 2.........just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Go for it! I love them and have had a lot of compliments on them

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 08-17-2014, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure why a lot of people feel taillight gaurds are useless but only mention the extreme example of backing into something hard. They do protect the lights from damage when slowly backing up around obstacles, trees, brush, undergrowth, etc.. Think curb feelers lol. How many people back up with the speed and inertia necessary to destroy a taillight anyway? Running canyons where you're very close to vertical walls is the only time I don't see tiallight gaurds being helpful and instead can further damage. And even then.. If you felt/heard your tailight gaurd on a rock/wall before you crushed it, wouldnt you stop or try to change up what you're doing?
Old 08-17-2014, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chefbrujo
Not sure why a lot of people feel taillight gaurds are useless but only mention the extreme example of backing into something hard. They do protect the lights from damage when slowly backing up around obstacles, trees, brush, undergrowth, etc.. Think curb feelers lol. How many people back up with the speed and inertia necessary to destroy a taillight anyway? Running canyons where you're very close to vertical walls is the only time I don't see tiallight gaurds being helpful and instead can further damage. And even then.. If you felt/heard your tailight gaurd on a rock/wall before you crushed it, wouldnt you stop or try to change up what you're doing?
I don't think they are necessarily useless. There may be a few rare occasions where they will actually save the lens, but for the most part probably not. My thoughts are, if a slap from something was forceful enough to the crack the lens without the added metal covers, then it will most likely crack them with the covers because the force will be transferred directly to the lens anyway.

Quick Reply: First "Mod"!!!