Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

First "Mod"!!!

Old 08-14-2014, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First "Mod"!!!

Hey everyone! Excited to say my taillight guards came in today and I got to install them!

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3188034902.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	571184  
Old 08-14-2014, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

Sweet do these mount on to the right brackets?
Old 08-14-2014, 10:20 PM
JK Newbie

They were easy to instal. Just unscrewed the 4 screws and used the washers, spacers and screws provided with the guards.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:25 PM
JK Freak

so do you back into alot of stuff? or just wanted the armored lights look? they look pretty good either way my first real mod shows up on monday, its a bush bar for my front end to keep deer from taking out the radiator/headlights, we have alot of ****in white tail deer in this part of the world (think nyc rats, but 200+ pounds and 4-6 feet tall). **** vermin deer.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
so do you back into alot of stuff? or just wanted the armored lights look? they look pretty good either way my first real mod shows up on monday, its a bush bar for my front end to keep deer from taking out the radiator/headlights, we have alot of ****in white tail deer in this part of the world (think nyc rats, but 200+ pounds and 4-6 feet tall). **** vermin deer.
I mostly just like the look lol. I'm searching now for my next set of mods...they weren't kidding! Mods are addicting!!! I'm looking into new tires and rims, front and rear bumpers and a winch haha. So far I have the taillight guards, grab straps (front and back) and fire extinguisher mount

Old 08-16-2014, 10:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HNTRJMPR2006
I mostly just like the look lol. I'm searching now for my next set of mods...they weren't kidding! Mods are addicting!!! I'm looking into new tires and rims, front and rear bumpers and a winch haha. So far I have the taillight guards, grab straps (front and back) and fire extinguisher mount

fire extinguisher mount (and a fire exinguisher you keep up to date yearly) are exceptionally usefull when you need them, even though you hope you never do.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like the look of the taillight guards as well. My first mod was windshield mounted lights. Right after the "dimple mod".
Old 08-17-2014, 02:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always been curious of what those guards actually protect. Seems to me that if you hit something with them, they'd break the taillight, because they are just screwed into the taillight and they could dent the rear quarter panel.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

looks good, I was looking at those 2.........just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jrod250
I've always been curious of what those guards actually protect. Seems to me that if you hit something with them, they'd break the taillight, because they are just screwed into the taillight and they could dent the rear quarter panel.
Exactly. If these things get bumped very hard at all it will just disintegrate the tail light.

That being said, like most mods to a man's jeep (or woman's), many are mainly for looks (I think very few actually do things just for pure function). And if you like the looks of these over the tail lights then more power to ya . Welcome to the sickness!

Quick Reply: First "Mod"!!!