Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

First cut polish and wax ever on my 4.5yr old Rubi...few pics

Old 06-05-2011, 07:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First cut polish and wax ever on my 4.5yr old Rubi...few pics

My paint was looking horrible, so I had the paint worked over.....it came out super nice....I would say 97% of the pinstriping came out....I just need to strip the front bumper, rock rails, door hinges and get all bedlined....going to undercoat the suspension too....

Paint is so smooth to the touch now.....

and a Pic of my new Elka's!!!!

Old 06-05-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

It took you 4.5 years to wax it? I waxed mine in the first 2 months...
Looks great for as long as you waited.

Setup looks great too!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks really good. Did you do it yourself? If so could you please post products and procedures used. I've been trying different products but nothing really seems to work. Been thinking of taking it somewhere to try SSR(sprayless scratch removal).

Thanks
Old 06-05-2011, 07:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Goeagles88
It took you 4.5 years to wax it? I waxed mine in the first 2 months...
Looks great for as long as you waited.

Setup looks great too!
yup....I just washed it and wheeled it....it was looking horrible even when clean.....it was time....it came nice....Im going to try to do it at least once a year from now on
Old 06-05-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 06-05-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jboth
Looks really good. Did you do it yourself? If so could you please post products and procedures used. I've been trying different products but nothing really seems to work. Been thinking of taking it somewhere to try SSR(sprayless scratch removal).

Thanks
I took it to a guy in Whistler, and showed me all his special buffing products.....I know he clay barred it, then did a half cut, and then full wax.....he does this for a living and he told me it took him just over 4 hrs....and thats with all the right tools/product on hand.

I dont know the name of his products, but I think if you took your rig to any detail place they would recommend what to use....and what gives best results.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:57 PM
JK Freak

Wow your JK turned out great! Nice job!
Old 06-07-2011, 09:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Wow! Can't believe you waited that long, but it looks really good. My latest JK is 5 months old and has been waxed 5 times. Some people think you can over do wax, but I don't. I had a YJ that I waxed once a month for the first three years or so, then about 3-4 times a year for the next five years. When it was 8 years old and had 92,000 miles, it still looked nearly new. I am going with that plan on my new JK. The only thing is, I think the older paint like on the YJ was more durable than the new stuff.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

lol jeep looks good. 4.5 years without a wax I had to wax mine the first week.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07rubisteve
yup....I just washed it and wheeled it....it was looking horrible even when clean.....it was time....it came nice....Im going to try to do it at least once a year from now on
Looks great Steve.....That bromide/salt crap they put on the highway's in BC beat the piss out of the powder coated modifications. I am sure in a year or 2 i will have to armourthane/rhino line my bumpers...

Don't cut polish too often as each time you cut polish your clearcoat gets thinner. I try to cut polish every 2 or 3 years unless the scratches are looking terrible. But I do claybar once/year and wax my vehicles 2 or 3 times/year (never can over wax). My father-in-law used to own 3 bodyshops and told me a few years back about cut polishing thins out the clearcoating pretty good on stock paint jobs.

Quick Reply: First cut polish and wax ever on my 4.5yr old Rubi...few pics