Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Fire extinguishers....lets see em!!

Old 06-23-2008, 09:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to put them between the front seats and the front door, on each side... to be within easy reach. I just can't find a good mounting location there and want to see how others have secured then there. Any close up pics or write ups?
Old 06-23-2008, 10:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Here's mine.

It used to snag a bit on the soft top when going down. I've since moved it up a bit on the roll bar and now it doesn't snag on the soft top anymore.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:15 PM
JK Freak

I found these on Ebay and bought two of them since they are only 1#. I mounted them on the roll bar just behind the front seats one on each side.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, here's my fire extinguisher mount, it's a kiddie from home depot, i got a white one to match the Jeep, then ordered a metal strap mount from a company online, then zip tied it to the roll bar in the back.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:33 PM
JK Newbie

why do you guys have fire extinguishers? Are you guys firefighters? lol but seriously I never understood why people carried them in the jeep, should I be carrying one too, is my car going to explode in flame all the sudden???
Old 07-10-2008, 08:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seungk5
why do you guys have fire extinguishers? Are you guys firefighters? lol but seriously I never understood why people carried them in the jeep, should I be carrying one too, is my car going to explode in flame all the sudden???
Fire extinguishers are like condoms: If you're worried about a possible burning sensation, rather have one then not. They aren't 100% effective but, you have a better possibility of being safe.

It's more for off road purposes. There are plenty of stories on here alone about tall grass lighting on fire underneath the engine, auto tranny overheating, flip overs, and any other possible circumstance you can think of in which will start a fire when the JK is working hard.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was at a gas station and noticed a fuel tanker filling up the stations tanks, they had a small 5lb extinguisher by the trucks hoses. I asked the driver what a small extinguisher would do if the tanker caught fire. He said " put my A$$ out, while I run away". I thought that was funny!
Old 07-11-2008, 03:22 AM
JK Freak

Old 07-11-2008, 03:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lanster
I was at a gas station and noticed a fuel tanker filling up the stations tanks, they had a small 5lb extinguisher by the trucks hoses. I asked the driver what a small extinguisher would do if the tanker caught fire. He said " put my A$$ out, while I run away". I thought that was funny!
Sometimes truth if funnier than the joke....

I used to hot pump helo's, same thing jet fuel and a fire extinguisher under a running helo.... YEP that's gonna work..

Ron
Old 07-11-2008, 04:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seungk5
Well, if you think your JK is a CAR, then you might only be using it on a road and not putting it in a position where the safety of a fire ext is needed, then maybe you don't need one.

A friend of mine was headed to some private trails a couple of years ago in a Z71 and he had to cross a grassy area on the way, it was late august in Oklahoma, started a grass fire that spread to a nearby hay bale holding area and burned up 500+ bales of hay. He still says that if he had a fire ext, he's pretty sure he could have gotten it stopped since it was so small when he got out of the truck to see where the smoke was comng from.

So, if i'm going off road, I'm going to have one.

Quick Reply: Fire extinguishers....lets see em!!