Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Finished up the lift - got in an accident

Old 05-25-2009, 08:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
you get the jeep fixed yet man?

I pulled off the one wheel and tire that took most of the damage and put my spare in it's place. I'm not worried about the bumpers scuffs because I have a Rugged Ridge XHD rear in my garage waiting for the tire carrier to come in. I also have a Rugged Ridge XHD front that should be here tomorrow. The little scratch on the door isn't worth messing with.

Long story short, my insurance company screwed up and didn't have broad form on my wrangler (but I do have it on my other vehicle and all the other coverages are the same). I'm sure I called them up when I bought the wrangler and said make it the same my liberty. But they won't budge. So without broad form I'm responsible for my deductable even though she was at fault.

The majority of the damage was to 1 wheel and tire and that will cost about $400 to replace which is just under my collision decductable. So no use making a claim with the insuranse company.

I'm going to try to file a "mini-torte" request with her insurance company to recover the $500. As a last resort I can try to take her to small claims.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:01 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
THat sucks, but could have been much worse. I would go over the suspension with a fine tooth comb to ensure that nothing is bent, or no brackets have minor stress fractures that could manifest later on.
Ditto....if you can afford it have it inspected for any possible damage do so! Maybe pay for itself down the road.

Quick Reply: Finished up the lift - got in an accident