Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Finished up the lift - got in an accident

Old 05-20-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks man atleast she got the worst of it your jeep looks great and hope you get to replace what was damaged with some new mods
Old 05-20-2009, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

After looking at her car, I have one question. Have you verified her insurance is current?
Old 05-20-2009, 08:00 PM
JK Super Freak

unbelievable story man! Looking at the minivan i was expecting your jeep to be destroyed! Thank God there was hardly any damage. Its probably a good thing she swurved in the end because a rear end collision with a stopped car at 50mph could have killed someone.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

glad to hear you (and your rig) are ok.

can you get new shorts covered by the insurance? cause i know i would need them!
Old 05-21-2009, 03:19 AM
JK Jedi

THat sucks, but could have been much worse. I would go over the suspension with a fine tooth comb to ensure that nothing is bent, or no brackets have minor stress fractures that could manifest later on.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Man that sucks big time but damage doesnt look so bad.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:56 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch! Glad your ok and your JK isn't damaged any worse than that.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:11 AM
JK Junkie

based on the picture of her vehicle... she probably aint got much money... that being said

stupid is an expensive habit.

find a chiropractor, find a lawyer (usually one can refer you to another), treat for a month or two racking up 1500-2500 bill, let the lawyer do the rest and you may come out with a couple extra grand in your pocket.

this is all dependent upon her having insurance of course
Old 05-22-2009, 01:34 PM
JK Newbie

I don't mean to rain on the parade but I would thoroughly inspect all the suspension - attachment points, track bars, springs, shocks etc. together with axles and the frame. It is still a real possibility that some components were damaged or bent because of the impact and it won't be that obvious until you inspect it. And do it soon - fresh dust can mask the damage.

I actually think you are right and nothing happened - but it is better to be safe than sorry
Old 05-22-2009, 01:44 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc_D
... Here is what she looked like before the accident.
That's a nice looking Jeep, but I think she just helped you pay for the next stage in your build: Scuffs and scratches happen naturally from wheeling--but you sure could use a new front bumper--that's what I'd spend that insurance settlement check on!

Quick Reply: Finished up the lift - got in an accident