Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Finally the way I like it!!!

Old 04-15-2008, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by defkon
Wouldn't that cost more then what he spent?

Base on a vette is 46K
Rubi with nothing on it is 30K
(and you said built up)
Way over budget
You're right. 76K is more than 65K. But you would have a car that could kill the JK in a race, and a rig that you wouldn't be hesitant to take off-roading. All the 6.1L JK does is go fast in a straight line, and anyone who takes a 65K Jeep off-road is out of their mind!

Even with a 65K budget, you can get a used Corvette C6 with hardly any miles on it for 35K, and I've seen used Rubicons going for 24K. That leaves you with 6K for Jeep mods--more than enough to make an extremely capable rig.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryno
You're right. 76K is more than 65K. But you would have a car that could kill the JK in a race, and a rig that you wouldn't be hesitant to take off-roading. All the 6.1L JK does is go fast in a straight line, and anyone who takes a 65K Jeep off-road is out of their mind!

Even with a 65K budget, you can get a used Corvette C6 with hardly any miles on it for 35K, and I've seen used Rubicons going for 24K. That leaves you with 6K for Jeep mods--more than enough to make an extremely capable rig.
Sorry, but I'd rather have the JK with a Hemi. I'd also love to be the guy that took a 65K Jeep off road. There are plenty of vehicles out there that cost 65K, but none in that range that I would rather have.

Maybe it's just a Jeep thing.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chucktuna

How Ironic, Thats the same amount I had to write a check to the U S of A this morning to cover the rest of my tax bill for 2007!

Hope you all enjoy your stimulus checks.

BUT
Thats one Bad A&$ jeep

congrats

chuck
The rest of us can only WISH for your financial issue with the IRS. If you are paying that much out, you are bringing in a boatload. I'd like to be on that boat.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tx-skydiver
Very sweet. The guys at Screamin Lizard are the best. I want to do that so bad.

Ok. Gas mileage. What is it for you with the Hemi?
Dude !! I have told you before that is bad as*!!!!

I also want to know what is fuel economy????? I read that the hesco SC gives like 3 mpg increase ( if you can stay off the accelerator!)
Old 04-15-2008, 12:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RotorHead
Sorry, but I'd rather have the JK with a Hemi. I'd also love to be the guy that took a 65K Jeep off road. There are plenty of vehicles out there that cost 65K, but none in that range that I would rather have.

Maybe it's just a Jeep thing.
Don't get me wrong... I love Jeeps. However, if I so much as scratched a $65K vehicle I would be devastated. Maybe it's just my college boy, budget-minded thinking, but I don't understand the logic in dumping so much money into a Jeep Wrangler. If you want to go fast, your money is better spent elsewhere. A Jeep isn't exactly the ideal platform if you really want to utilize all of that Hemi's power.

I would rather have two purpose-built vehicles. One is built for speed, the other is built for off-roading. One is to impress the classy girls, the other is to impress the country girls.

......But I guess if money is no object, the question would be, "Why not?"
Old 04-15-2008, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HULKGREEN
Dude !! I have told you before that is bad as*!!!!

I also want to know what is fuel economy????? I read that the hesco SC gives like 3 mpg increase ( if you can stay off the accelerator!)
A SC is nice, but raw horsepower beats all...and those can also be supercharged.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:44 AM
JK Super Freak

So, I'll ask once (it's already been asked twice)... what's your avg mpg? Curious.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tx-skydiver
A SC is nice, but raw horsepower beats all...and those can also be supercharged.
haha...of course a Texan...never happy with leaving stuff well enough alone...I was wondering if you could SC it too, absolutely, there are a couple systems that would work on it, but wow...WHY??? lol
Old 06-02-2008, 05:47 PM
JK Newbie

First Off...Sorry for being late to reply...I travel alot for business and can't get on here but maybe once or twice a week.

So far my gas milage is right at 14 mpg. This is almost the same as what I was getting with the 3.8 and my 35's before I did the swap. I had an Airaid CAI and Borla catbacks as well and still got 14 avg. I get more smiles with my Hemi than mpg's

As to comments on the power and functional aspects by Ryno... I was sceptical before I did this and thought the same as you.... but I have always wanted to take a Jeep(my 5th) and not worry about budget or what others think and just go all out on what I like and want. Now (still a few more mods in process) I have done that and have zero regrets. I have 2 kids that I am trying to spend time with in appreciating outdoors, fishing, wheeling, etc. I wanted something I could clean up and drive to dinner on the weekends with the top off and have a blast....ergo the Hemi, MyGig, Leather, etc....the Hemi really will drive your ass back in the seat!! There again I wanted something to take offroad and articulate well, climb well, etc. I have that in my own opinion. Everyone on here has different tastes and opinions but thats what makes this board great. I have learned most off what has gone into mine from reading HERE and I thank everyone for sharing their experiences, creativity, pros, cons, and humor. I understand I may have more resources than some to do what I've done but it's from hard work and my passion for my Jeep.

I don't wheel mine on the most extreme trails simply because I don't feel I'm the most experienced offroad driver...but I'm learning. I also don't worry too much about tearing something up...If you spend too much time uptight about a scratch then you have less fun.

Bottom line...I built mine to have fun everywhere...in town, at the beach, in the woods, on the rocks.......or straight up

If anyone here is ever in my area(North GA) and would like to go wheel'n or see what the Hemi is like I'm always game.

Thanks to all for the compliments and kind words.

Originally Posted by Ryno
Don't get me wrong... I love Jeeps. However, if I so much as scratched a $65K vehicle I would be devastated. Maybe it's just my college boy, budget-minded thinking, but I don't understand the logic in dumping so much money into a Jeep Wrangler. If you want to go fast, your money is better spent elsewhere. A Jeep isn't exactly the ideal platform if you really want to utilize all of that Hemi's power.

I would rather have two purpose-built vehicles. One is built for speed, the other is built for off-roading. One is to impress the classy girls, the other is to impress the country girls.

......But I guess if money is no object, the question would be, "Why not?"
Old 06-02-2008, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm reasonably certain that you're nuts, but I love it!

I'm wondering though, why has no one put a manual behind the Hemi? Every conversion I've seen has the auto.

Quick Reply: Finally the way I like it!!!