Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Finally took off the doors!

Old 08-15-2012, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha. Drove home from work in a thunderstorm last night. Wished I had wipers on the inside.

To answer your questions, electronics have been fine. As for seat covers, I plan on ordering some, but a lift and tires are much more important to me right now. So I just let the seats get wet. Carried a big ass towel into work this morning. Boss asked about it. I laughed and said "Looks like rain."
Old 08-15-2012, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

How hard was it to get the back doors off ? New to the four door world
Old 08-15-2012, 12:16 PM
JK Freak

Great thread! I've had mine for a year and still have not had the chance to take them off (I don't have anywhere to store them). Can't wait till I get the opportunity, congrats man!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Zenabi
How hard was it to get the back doors off ? New to the four door world
Awful the first time. Bought an 08 used and whoever had it before me never took the thing apart. But once I had them off, I WD40ed the hinges and since they pop on and off with ease. They're actually lighter than the fronts.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:46 PM
JK Freak

I finally did the same thing now that I have a garage. I love every minute of it.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dubz
Haha. Drove home from work in a thunderstorm last night. Wished I had wipers on the inside.

To answer your questions, electronics have been fine. As for seat covers, I plan on ordering some, but a lift and tires are much more important to me right now. So I just let the seats get wet. Carried a big ass towel into work this morning. Boss asked about it. I laughed and said "Looks like rain."
That would happen!!

Thanks for the info -
Old 08-15-2012, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Took mine off for the first time a couple weeks ago. Taking them off was a breeze. But getting them back on is a pain in the ass. Does anyone have any tips/tricks to get the hinges lined up at the same time.

Scratched the paint on the hinge. Doesn't bother me since it's a jeep. But I'm only 16 and my dads the one paying for the jeep so he was a lil pissed
Old 08-15-2012, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

If I could, I'd drive with no doors, and no top. Unfortunately (or fortunately for jeep owners like me), we had a drought for 3 weeks, well above 100, but I had those bad boys off for the entire 3 week period. Now fast forward 2 weeks....we've been having non stop rain. Good for our grass.....but awful for those doorless/topless rides. Can't wait to get them off again!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sea king
Took mine off for the first time a couple weeks ago. Taking them off was a breeze. But getting them back on is a pain in the ass. Does anyone have any tips/tricks to get the hinges lined up at the same time.

Scratched the paint on the hinge. Doesn't bother me since it's a jeep. But I'm only 16 and my dads the one paying for the jeep so he was a lil pissed

I found that if I hold the door from the outside while putting them on, I could see the hinge and line them up better.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by maine07jk
I found that if I hold the door from the outside while putting them on, I could see the hinge and line them up better.
+1 same here

Quick Reply: Finally took off the doors!