Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Finally purchased my first JK.. 2010 Rubi Black

Old 02-15-2010, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah but there's different stages of the sickness.... I'm at that stage where you plan your paycheck and vacation time around the jeep
Old 02-15-2010, 03:30 PM
JK Newbie

Default not quite there just yet but getting there

You know my wife bugged me for two years to actually do it and now that I did we need a daily driver and to pay for a chunk of it and then some mods will start. Absolutly loving it though. Could not be happier though. You guys and gals on here are absoloutly great. I have checked out some tech. Last night I put hte grage door opener in the roll bar. Wife loved that. Seen smoe crazy stuff. Like Crash adn Tonka. tough break on that one.

Thanks for welcoming me to the family.

Kevin

Old 02-15-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by LedZepp877
yeah but there's different stages of the sickness.... I'm at that stage where you plan your paycheck and vacation time around the jeep
theres some funny shit there.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice jeep and welcome
Old 02-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Former Member

Default A betting man?

I wonder...what will be the first mod?

- lift?
- wheels/tires?
- Flashpaq?
- Winch?
- KC's?.....

when will it ever end? NEVER!
Old 02-15-2010, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

yeah man, welcome to the family, you're gonna have a good time and wonder how you lived without it.... but then your wife will beet you when your wallet is consistently empty
Old 02-15-2010, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

Congrats on the new Jeep! It all starts with floormats. Then it's roll bar grab handles. Then you end up with a garage full of parts waiting to be installed (4 inch lift, front track bar (thanks Toad), wheel spacers, full set of controll arms, rear driveshaft). Just roll with it and have fun. Don't try to resist. Resistance is futile.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Fiddy7
I can't say how happy I am. I have been reading this forum for a year now and it helped push me over the edge to do it and man am I glad I did. I gave it to my wife to drive during the week however I told her that might not be very often in the summer.

As for mods I won't be very agressive with mods until it's paid off. Famous last words right?

Love the tires, need to change the back bumper for sure however you can't do that without matching the front. Just doing lots of homoework to see what I like. A lift will peobably never be in the future though. Not that many rocks to crawl here in Sask. Pretty darn flat.

Let the fun begin.

I said most of the same stuff when I bought mine...1 1/2 yrs later I have front bumper, 4 xtra fogs, diff skids, front skid, evap skid, 2.5 lift, and many interiror accesories as well as plans for rear bumper, tires, bigger lift, etc...

Let the modding begin
&
Congrats on the rubi!!
Old 02-15-2010, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

highly recommend the 2.5 tera flex coil lift with shock adaptors,
i kick myself for waiting-it improved the jeep that much.
its cheap, easy to do urself, keep your original shocks, removable if u upgrade so u can sell it.

and your jeeps belly will stop draggin on everything u krawl over, and yes u will krawl over more things as u get braver, it is unavoidable or u would have gotten a regular worthless suv instead of a jeep.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Texas Trailmaker
highly recommend the 2.5 tera flex coil lift with shock adaptors,
i kick myself for waiting-it improved the jeep that much.
its cheap, easy to do urself, keep your original shocks, removable if u upgrade so u can sell it.

and your jeeps belly will stop draggin on everything u krawl over, and yes u will krawl over more things as u get braver, it is unavoidable or u would have gotten a regular worthless suv instead of a jeep.

Got pics of the lift? I just ordered the teraflex leveling kit (due to install on thur.), but I'm second-guessing myself...maybe i should've gotten the 2.5 tera flek lift. did yo have to move your sway bar, align the jeep, etc. when you did the 2.5? i went with the leveling kit b/c it looks so damn easy! btw, what did you drop for the 2.5 lift?

thanks!

Quick Reply: Finally purchased my first JK.. 2010 Rubi Black