Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Finally posting pics of my JK

Old 06-14-2010, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally posting pics of my JK

Hello all,

Been lurking here since we bought the JK last May... a 2009 Unlimited X.. Deep water Blue.

We traded in our 2005 Liberty Renegade that was lifted with 31's and a rear lunchbox locker.. wheeled it a lot... damaged the body a little.. put 72000 miles on it. still got 10 grand on trade for the JK...
was (am) a member of L.O.S.T.... I recognize some names from that forum here ... I was mb818 over there.

We own 2 other Jeeps currently... a 1996 Cherokee that's got a 4.5" lift, 33's, swapped in Dana44 rear, 4.56 gears, front and rear Detroits, winch, etc.... it's my trail beater
the other one is a 1979 CJ-5 that's got a 304, 4-speed, 2.5" lift, and 32's... that's my nice weather ride.

I've read tons of great posts on here... everything from hood flutter and drilling mirrors to lift kits and tires... what works and what doesn't

Recently lifted the JK... went with the Teraflex 2.5" coil /w shocks... got the Teraflex adj. front track bar and their rear track bar axle bracket... also put on JKS adj. LCA's and Quicker Discos...
added a poison spider evap canister skid, rugged ridge XHD rear bumper/tire carrier...
went with 35x12/50R17 Goodyear MT/R Kevlars wrapped around my stock wheels with spidertrax spacers... installed everything myself (except tires... wish i had a tire mounting machine)...
i do all the work on my Jeeps within my ability and tools...

without further ado.... some pics of our JK from Jeep Jamboree 2010 Attica Badlands this weekend.

here's my XJ

and just realized I've got no "after" pic of my CJ yet:

Last edited by mbjeepxj; 06-14-2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: added a pic or two
Old 06-14-2010, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice! Wish the JK would be my trail beater and not my DD!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pic's - great CJ - I have always liked the short looks of that model

I also have an XJ in the family, my daughters, and she is "jonesing" to get it lifted - grades will depend on how much and soon her's gets lifted.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2000 Jeep Cherokee 001..jpg
Views:	48
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	72612  
Old 06-14-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Freak

Gotta love the CJ's !!
Old 06-14-2010, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks... I love CJ's... after owning 2 now, I can't see myself without one.
and XJ's... well, they're great, too... if anyone has ever been on the trail with even a stock XJ, you know how capable they are....

I added a couple more shots of my JK to better show the stance... I think it came out perfect with the lift and tires I chose...

Mark
Old 06-14-2010, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Great Pics, The Cj is what made me fall in love with the jeep. My roommate in college had one which led me to buy a YJ which I traded for the JK. Jeep enthusiast for life now.

Quick Reply: Finally posting pics of my JK