Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Finally! Pics of "Jack Ruby Poopmobile"!

Old 06-06-2007, 05:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice... one thing aside from painting the shovel (which won't last long if you use it) get some grab handles to help those boys. One question on the CB mount. How much vision out the window did it seem like you lost witht he CB? Not the camera just the CB. I love having a wide open view and have found the JK to be a little lacking and would be worried mounting my CB there would cause me to miss something. Not something trivial like traffic but something I go offroad to see.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Your Jeep looks great! I especially like the Warn bumper. I may have to reconsider that bumper.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:02 PM
JK Freak

As for the lift...I ponied up the money for the install rather than doing it myself. They said it was a pain when it came to the front driver's side as they had to cut a bolt to the manifold to get something in. (??)

I have Firefox too so I am not sure what the gig is with pics.

as for the CB install...as you can see it's a pretty thin unit. It doesn't obstruct anything at all. Even the rearview camera doesn't too much. I have it right next to the visor so it's fairly even with that. Have it so I can still use the visor too.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice JK! What model Pias's are on the Warn? Did you have to drill holes to mount them??
Old 06-07-2007, 08:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rubiman
Nice JK! What model Pias's are on the Warn? Did you have to drill holes to mount them??
I believe they are 520's...85 watt. There are plenty of holes already! Looks like if I get the Powerplant winch, I';; have to move them out. Still contemplating that. Quite a bit of $$.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:28 AM
JK Super Freak

I know they paint D rings red for ads and things, so my idea is to paint the D rings Rescue Green. Also, mount one of the pins going the other direction so they are facing each other. Use the leftover green paint for the shovel.
That, and give me your bumper and lift. Ok, I'm out of suggestions, great rig.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
I know they paint D rings red for ads and things, so my idea is to paint the D rings Rescue Green. Also, mount one of the pins going the other direction so they are facing each other. Use the leftover green paint for the shovel.
That, and give me your bumper and lift. Ok, I'm out of suggestions, great rig.
Problem with the D-rings is that they say on one side "JAPAN"...that's why I have them facing the same way.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:21 AM
JK Freak

Default New mods...new pics!

This weekend I finished up what looks to be close to my last mod. That's what I have told my wife anyway. Last thing to do was put on my Warn rear bumper and tire carrier. I kid you not, easily weighs over 300 lbs.! Funny how right next to the Jeep I am working on Lotus #2 getting it prepped for the track and I am doing anything possible to lighten it up!

Click image for larger version

Name:	077 - Copy.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	2019
I decided to cut the metal rod off the weld
nuts and just use my 7 year old "monkey's"
hand to insert the washers and nuts!

Name:	048 - Copy.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	2015
Still have to trim so I have no gap with
the flaps. I really like having them though.

Name:	054 - Copy.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	2016
After the bumper installation, they give
instructions to cut the 3rd brake light and
put it over the top of the spare...huh??

Name:	069 - Copy.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	2017
I am actually thinking of placing the 3rd brake
light below the spare where people can see
it. I have the rear view camera attached to the
bottom of the swinging carrier. Can't see a damn
thing out the back without it!

Name:	073 - Copy.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	2018

Last edited by Rugbyduck; 06-10-2007 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cowboypunk
sick jeep.. i wondering how the ride is with your rubicon express. I really am considering purchasing that lift. How much did they end of charging you on the install. How many hours to install?
I was going to do it myself as a buddy of mine just did one. I opted for Central 4WD to do it so if there are issues, I could fault them rather than myself.:toung: I got away with a quote of $350. Took them 2 full days to do it. They wanted to charge at least 5 hours ($500) and I refused. Not my damn fault they don't have a lift! Honestly, $500 might be a little high. They said they wouldn't do another JK for less than $750. I can't help the learning curve...they should know more than I anyway! I was annoyed to find when I put Jack of the lift, the driver's rear brake cable was tightly rubbing against the tire! I figure to put in on yourself you could do it in 8-10 hours. The Jeep is difficult to get used to with the lift. Rather than being "tight" like the stock set up...it's very loose. Took it in for an alignment and they said it was spot on. Was told the only thing needed to do after putting the lift on was to straighten the steering wheel as nothing else changes! I was under the impression from reading the forum that it made a difference. The guys at Les Schwab tire said "nope".:toung: I'll get used to the feeling but it's squirrely.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
it's not rocket science dude. you take off, and then reinstall.
Might not be...took a professional shop 2 days? Hell, took me 5 hours to put on my rear bumper! I could do it now in an hour tops! Always takes longer the first time...DUDE!

Quick Reply: Finally! Pics of "Jack Ruby Poopmobile"!