Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

and finally, my hard top hoist

Old 11-25-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's a question... will the top fit on the basket or is it too big for the cables?

Edit:
never mind I just went back to the first page and answered my own question... not a chance.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

So glad I found this! Was planning on rigging something up in the next weekend or two but this is a much better solution.

Thanks all!

Will post up my pics once I have installed.

Amazon has it on sale for $130 with free shipping. Costco has it for $99 right now which comes to about $130 as well when you add shipping.

Great option.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by d0wnShifT
Wow I wish I would have seen this product before I made my own homebrew hoist. Even though I spent the same amount of money I would have rather opted for this. Here's what I ended up with.
I think your design is actually better. The top resting on something seems best to prevent the top from bowing out. If the top was held up by straps or hooks, it will eventually warp or bow.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bommerts
I think your design is actually better. The top resting on something seems best to prevent the top from bowing out. If the top was held up by straps or hooks, it will eventually warp or bow.
i had my top on there with 3 straps through the middle for several months and it didnt budge on bit. i get what you are saying, but i think you would have to leave your top hanging from this thing for a long time before it started to warp.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am going to to this project using this hoist this weekend.

For my four door top I have decided to extend rack with 2 perpendicular 2x4s and drop chain to the another2 perpendicular 2x4s under top.

Like this.

Then I could use rack and the top is supported from underneath versus straps/hooks.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Also due to clearance I am going to have the back glass down is that a problem?

Last edited by WavetheWheat; 02-18-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:04 AM
JK Newbie

you will have to lock the glass down with a bungee and like a shower curtain rod or the back board.. for my top since its 4 door i just have a 2x6 that i slide under the front over hang and another one i slide under by the back window...they have eyelets in then and i just have 4 rachet straps that brings the top up to the racklift. i covered my racklift side bars with foam pipe insulation so the top is resting on something less likely to scratch.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

It seems like you could run some pipe through the holes in the frame and attach some type of hanger to them Then you could hang all four of your doors on there too. Do you think that would work?

JerryJeff
Old 02-19-2010, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JerryJeff
It seems like you could run some pipe through the holes in the frame and attach some type of hanger to them Then you could hang all four of your doors on there too. Do you think that would work?

JerryJeff
I like this idea....tell me more what you are envisioning.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice.

Now I must go shopping
Old 02-19-2010, 01:36 PM
JK Freak

sorry if i havent replied to any of these questions.. i just noticed that this thread resurfaced. i dont have a jeep or the hardtop anymore but i still love that lift, very handy to keep stuff off of the garage floor.

Quick Reply: and finally, my hard top hoist