Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

and finally, my hard top hoist

Old 07-04-2009, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by d0wnShifT
Wow I wish I would have seen this product before I made my own homebrew hoist. Even though I spent the same amount of money I would have rather opted for this. Here's what I ended up with.
yeah. i was at lowes looking at what i needed to get to piece together a hoist and happened to go to the little hardware store the next day and found this..

i was pretty excited when i found it thats for sure.

yours looks really good..
Old 07-05-2009, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I had saw that before I made mine. That looks pretty simple to install and use. Here's what I came up with:

I read several threads on here from people that did it themselves and that's what inspired me to make mine the way it is, so thanks everyone!
Old 07-05-2009, 10:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smbundy13
yeah. i was at lowes looking at what i needed to get to piece together a hoist and happened to go to the little hardware store the next day and found this..

i was pretty excited when i found it thats for sure.

yours looks really good..
Thanks for the comment. I got to use it again today when I put the top back on my Jeep. Works like a charm!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smbundy13
from a harware store, kind of like a harbor freight. it was just one of those storage things that you put stuff on and jack it up to save floor space.

my wife found it and told me to get it, probably because she wanted her parking spot in the garage back.
WOW... very cool ...Thanks for your info on this ..

I am for sure going to use this idea...

Chad
Old 07-14-2009, 05:15 AM
JK Freak

thanks.. if yall want i can park my jeep under it and get a proper picture of it.. just let me know.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:04 PM
JK Newbie

Yes, please do.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Union Jack
Yes, please do.
all right i will try to do that tonight or tomorrow.. probably tomorrow, but i will try for tonight..
Old 07-17-2009, 05:08 AM
JK Freak

ok here are some pictures of my jeep under the top.. kinda a tight fit but it still fits just fine.

let me knwo if yall want some different pictures and i will try to get them for ya...
Old 07-18-2009, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the additional pictures. My only concern with this is that the size of the platform compared to the 4 door top rellay precludes the use of any hooks vice straps. I like the lift mechanism the best of all that I have seen but was thinking that maybe it would work with the unlimited top better with hooks on the end of the wires instead of to the corners of the platform. What do you think?
Old 07-18-2009, 06:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Union Jack
Thanks for the additional pictures. My only concern with this is that the size of the platform compared to the 4 door top rellay precludes the use of any hooks vice straps. I like the lift mechanism the best of all that I have seen but was thinking that maybe it would work with the unlimited top better with hooks on the end of the wires instead of to the corners of the platform. What do you think?
yeah that could work. you could always put the hooks in the platform because the platform basket is handy to hold the freedom panels...
you would probably need to have some sort of frame because that keeps the top steady and not swinging around.. but the lifting part is great.

Quick Reply: and finally, my hard top hoist