Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

and finally, my hard top hoist

Old 06-05-2009, 05:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default modification suggestion

for ease of use, i would suggest adding some "hook" to the framework structure so you can eliminate the use of the straps.
Awesome system...like it better than my homemade job!
How long does it take to crank and is it a brake winch style where when you stop cranking it holds the load in place?
Old 06-05-2009, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe add a pic showing the Jeep parked under it? (if that's what you do)
Looks great though!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BARNO
Maybe add a pic showing the Jeep parked under it? (if that's what you do)
Looks great though!!!

i will look into that but my wife is really the one that parks on that side. i have no doubt that the jeep will fit no prob.

if it becomes a hassle to use the straps then i will add hooks or somthing like that.
i dont think it is a brake winch, but it doesnt move when i stop cranking on it. it has a piece that fits in the crank to keep it from turning also. i will take closer pictures of it tonight when i get home.

doesnt take long to do, i can put the crank bar in my drill and use taht or it has a handle that attaches to it. maybe 30 seconds from bottom to top. and it goes all the way to the floor, well maybe not the floor but it can drop up to 8 feet. so that is pretty nice.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:52 AM
JK Freak

Default more pictures

a picture with my wifes car underneath it.

this is the hook that turns it to lower the top. bad explanation i know.

close up of the lowering mechanism

if you have any other picture requests let me know.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

I wish I knew about this before I made my homemade hoist. Came out nice but it would have cut my install time more than half looking for parts and labor.
btw, Here is the demo video from costco Racor Heavylift.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1
Old 06-11-2009, 06:34 AM
JK Freak

yep. that is exactly what i have. and about what i paid for it. in my opinion it was worth it for me not to have to guess and piece together a hoist...
Old 07-02-2009, 01:51 AM
JK Newbie

Seems to be a nice setup. How do you actually attach the top to the lift system, with the tie-downs? Would this work with an unlimited? Also, you guys can get these at Sears, and they will price match Cosco if you don't have a membership or even one around.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by phillips_kl
Seems to be a nice setup. How do you actually attach the top to the lift system, with the tie-downs? Would this work with an unlimited? Also, you guys can get these at Sears, and they will price match Cosco if you don't have a membership or even one around.
i have the top attached to the lift with ratchet straps. i dont see why it would work with an unlimited top.. i would buy this again well before i got a proper hard top hoist because this is so freaking stable.. it doesnt move around or anything like that. i guess i could make hooks for it but the ratch straps work just fine for me right now. if they get annoying or anything like that i will change it..
Old 07-02-2009, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow I wish I would have seen this product before I made my own homebrew hoist. Even though I spent the same amount of money I would have rather opted for this. Here's what I ended up with.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by d0wnshift
wow i wish i would have seen this product before i made my own homebrew hoist. Even though i spent the same amount of money i would have rather opted for this. Here's what i ended up with.

oooh...guitar hero! I love that game!!

Quick Reply: and finally, my hard top hoist