Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Finally Line-x tomarrow

Old 07-14-2009, 05:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good job on the ripout i got mine done like 3 weeks ago and love it u will too
Old 07-14-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by pingtime
by the way, I took out every friggin screw I could find on the dash and still can't get it out. something in the top some where is still holding it. any ideas?
I thin it's pretty much the same dash as my 2001 TJ. If you pop off the grating on the top of the dash (where the air comes out) I think theres 2 or 3 screws in there. Hope this helps
Old 07-14-2009, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

how much are they charging? did they say how much if you hadn't taken it apart?
Old 07-14-2009, 05:38 PM
JK Junkie

Can't wait to see the final result.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im getting in done in PW1 white, same as body color. .
dont ya think that will be hard to keep clean?

by the way, I took out every friggin screw I could find on the dash and still can't get it out. something in the top some where is still holding it. any ideas?
check this thread out https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=53661&page=42 Josh might know and I'll check my manual

Originally Posted by gajeep
I paid 600 to have my tub sprayed, I never asked if they took it apart but I think someone else said it was another 300-350 but that will all depend on the shop doing it, they all give different prices so shop around if there are multiple locations near you that do it. Its really not bad to take it apart though, if you know the way it comes apart. See my little write up about the 4dr rear seats and console https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/4dr-removing-rear-seats-console-linex-prep-91733/ and the material on the floor comes off with hammer and chisel. I think if you take your time it would take about 4hrs tops 5 and that includes removing the floor material. It took me about 1.5hrs to put it back together and that included cleaning all the plastic and seats

Last edited by tkob1060; 07-14-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gajeep
$900 , $299 of that is cause of the color match. Line-xtra they call it. They said its so expensive right now because the equipment up grade for xtra was $30,000 and that the price will come down eventually. They told me they charged $55 an hour for prep work. I said I can do it myself.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why did you break down your interior so much? i plan on just getting my tub sprayed up to the rails, and really will only take out the plastic trim on the door sills and seats, no need to fold down the windshield and take all the roll bar covers off, unless you are wanting to go all the way up the firewall?
Old 07-15-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smbundy13
why did you break down your interior so much? i plan on just getting my tub sprayed up to the rails, and really will only take out the plastic trim on the door sills and seats, no need to fold down the windshield and take all the roll bar covers off, unless you are wanting to go all the way up the firewall?
As I said: the dash was for a different project and the roll bar padding was a request form the line-x shop.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it looks like a lot of work, good job
Old 07-15-2009, 11:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I said: the dash was for a different project and the roll bar padding was a request form the line-x shop.
oh.. ok, thanks. i guess i didnt read all that close..

Quick Reply: Finally Line-x tomarrow