Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Finally Line-x tomarrow

Old 07-13-2009, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Line-x tomarrow

I'm finally getting The Jeep line-xed tomarrow. It took me a full day to get it down to this.

I have read a few write ups on this and I don't remember any one saying just how much at a BE OTCH getting the heat sheilding stuff off. ended up using a air chisel.

Even gutted, its still a sexy beast.

I've never had trouble getting any bolt off with my impact wrench before. They must torque those seat bolts to like 200 ftlbs. mine is only rated to 90lbs and would not budge the bolts but I have a bfbb and that got them loose enough to finish with the impact. all in all I actually enjoyed tearing it down and I can't wait to put it all back together. dropped the jeep of this evening but because of my job I can't pick it up till wednesday, all ready having withdrawals
Old 07-13-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Can't wait to see how it looks. I want to do mine so bad. Getting tired of cleaning the carpet.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the jeep does look awsome even taken apart cant wait to see it all done ..
Old 07-14-2009, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

So are you having the roll bars and stuff sprayed too, or did you just get bolt happy with the dissassembly process???
Old 07-14-2009, 05:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pingtime
I'm finally getting The Jeep line-xed tomarrow. It took me a full day to get it down to this.

I have read a few write ups on this and I don't remember any one saying just how much at a BE OTCH getting the heat sheilding stuff off. ended up using a air chisel.
:
ok so why did you take your dash all to pieces?

the heat shield/sound deadener wasnt bad, I used hammer and chisel and alot of it came off in big chunks, takes time but wasnt hard.

you getting it sprayed black?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Light gray would look great in your UnLtd. You're gonna love it. Easily the most practical mod I've done to my JK.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im getting in done in PW1 white, same as body color. the dash is apart cause I have been wanting to run the wires for the lockpick so they arn't so cramed in there. this looked like a good time to do it and I took off all the roll bar padding cause the guys at line-x asked me to. I guess they are afraid they will get stuffl on it. They will only go up a foot on both sides for the same money.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

by the way, I took out every friggin screw I could find on the dash and still can't get it out. something in the top some where is still holding it. any ideas?
Old 07-14-2009, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

So what is the definition of Modifying, does it have to be Mechanical?
Old 07-14-2009, 05:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Nope, doesn't have to be mechanical. Line-X is a mod for sure, and a great one at that.

Psst- I think you might live to regret color matching in white. It will look cool, but will show dirt. Still, your UnLtd is going to be awesome! Looking forward to post-spray photos.

Quick Reply: Finally Line-x tomarrow