Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Finally lifted!! 09 JKU on 37's!!

Old 03-21-2014, 07:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally lifted!! 09 JKU on 37's!!

Hey y'all! So since I bought my 09 JKU Sahara a couple years ago, I've been wanting to lift it. Well ladies and gentlemen, the time has come!!

4" Zone lift, 37x13.5x17 Toyo MT's wrapped around the new Rockstar wheels. Bushwhacker flat flares, rough country stubby kit, poison Spyder tramp stamp.

I had the lift and tires installed at a shop around here. There is only one issue, after he installed the lift, there is a LOT of squeaking and creaking. He tried for about an hour to pinpoint it and couldn't. It's driving me crazy and he is taking it back on Tuesday to give it another shot to try and pinpoint it. I sprayed the swaybar bushings with silicone spray, didn't help. It squeaks and creaks when moving the wheel back and forth at a stop, pulling up and pushing down on the tow hooks, and when hitting bumps in the road. Also when starting and stopping. When I reproduce it while stopped, it feels like it's coming from the right front. Any opinions on what it might be??

Also, the 37's with 3.73's aren't bad at all! I am going to regear and beef up the axels when the funds allow (so no wheeling for a bit til then).

Handling is surprisingly good too. A little flighty, which I'm chalking up as the taller sidewalls as a contributing factor. I have no problem keeping it straight, I don't have to fight with it or anything. Steering is right and responsive. I love it!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	539279Click image for larger version

Views:	297
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	539280Click image for larger version

Views:	299
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	539281
Old 03-21-2014, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats, nice rig.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man!

Quick Reply: Finally lifted!! 09 JKU on 37's!!