Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Finally joined the club and got my JK

Old 11-18-2014, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally joined the club and got my JK

Was tired of waiting to pull the trigger after seeing all the rigs on here. Did hte 3.5" Rubicon Express lift and running 35" tires with 20" xd Heist's. Did the lift myselft and luckily had a car lift at my disposal. Did not do the camber adjustment bolts and thinking I might need to get some adjustable lower front control arms to get my axle angle back in the right angle "caster?". Still need a programmer so I can adjust for the larger tires as well as wanting the XRC Gen 2 bumpers once they come out. I knew it was not going to drive like a car after the lift but seems like I really have to fight the roads after the lift and tires. If there is a dip etc it wants to follow it. If I fix the caster will this help or should I upgrade the steering stabilizer? Also wondering if the high steer kit would help at all with the steering. I am a novice when it comes to most of this stuff. My ESP was going off like crazy and then once I adjusted the steering wheel to be centerd it stopped coming on. I am open to any suggestions as to helping with the bump steer if that is actually what it is. Thanks for all the info everyone has already shared and glad to finally be a jeep owner again. Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	617
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	584766Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	584767Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	584768
Old 11-19-2014, 04:40 AM
JK Newbie

Welcome! I have only had my jeep for about 4 months now but I love it! you will fall in love more and more each day. Congrats
Old 11-19-2014, 05:31 AM
JK Junkie

Welcome congrats
Old 11-19-2014, 06:16 AM
JK Junkie

Congrats on the new rig and welcome to the forum. Adjustable control arms should help the situation, but you will still feel the road from the aggressive tread pattern on the tires.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

Congrats!! Good looking jeep.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I only did 2.5" on mine, but upgrading the steering stabilizer to a Rancho 9000 over stock did wonders for mine. 315s on it and still drives like a car. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2601723693.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	585071
Congrats on the new rig, it looks great!!
Old 01-16-2015, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

Glad I searched and saw this. Going to put the same lift and wheels on my Jeep tomorrow. Did you have any issues while installing the lift? I'm doing it myself too...no lift though.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

sorry for the delayed response. I had an issue with the bolt in the rear anti sway link would not stay tight. I went and got replacement links and bolts. So the the kit only comes with longer front ones so I grabbed a new pair of rear ones as well. The install is fairly straight forward. I did not do the control arm cam bolts though after reading a bunch of stuff on leaving them out. I also have since put a new rubicon express steering stabilizer on which was like 50$. Made a huge difference, have not switched out the control arms yet though. FYI when you do the lift your steering wheel will be off center and will set off the electronic stability and make it pretty impossible to drive. It thinks you are in a slide so it kicks on even if you try to turn it off manually. Pull up a youtube vid on how to center the wheel, its really easy and got rid of the annoying electronic stability kicking on.

Quick Reply: Finally joined the club and got my JK