Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Finally installed TF 3" lift and KM2 tires... Now it looks like a Jeep

Old 04-08-2010, 04:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it just that pick or is the rear tire really that close to the pincg seam? I really like those rims.

Originally Posted by EyeDoc
Well after months of buying parts one at a time I finally got the lift and 35's put on over the easter weekend. Big thanks to my dad for providing the garage/air tools, and free labor, that made it pretty easy. Had 3" Teraflex coils for the front and 2.5" spacer for the rear, shock extensions, quick disconnects, and JKS front adjustable trac bar. Love the look, love the tire and wheel combo, feels good when a plan comes together.

My superchips is being delivered today so I'll contribute my on it performance wise but just with the 35's and 4:10 automatic it was definitely driveable and gear searching and downshifts were only more frequent above 65 on the interstate.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

i love my 3" full traction lift...
Old 04-08-2010, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnyrrr
Is it just that pick or is the rear tire really that close to the pinch seam? I really like those rims.
Its just the angle of the picture. I have an 1.5-2 inches in between, plenty of clearance.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

Looks great,if I may suggest change those side steps for a set of sliders to make a complete package.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:47 AM
JK Freak

That is a good combination on lift parts. How does she handle with only the front adjustable track bar up front?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAM85
That is a good combination on lift parts. How does she handle with only the front adjustable track bar up front?
Drives really well as it is. Plan on adjustable lower CA's in the future but had it aligned after the lift to see where my caster numbers were at and they were at 3.1 degrees so a little low as most recommend 5-6 degrees when going with 35's or larger. May get a beefier steering stabilizer as well but haven't felt any shimmy or dw at any speed. Just installed the 87 octane superchips tune and it made a noticeable difference in take off and acceleration in stop and go driving around town which is mostly my daily commute, doesn't feel like I'm pushing heavy tires anymore feels like stock tire acceleration (still a minivan engine however). Still need OD off on the interstate if I don't want it to downshift on most inclines but that is a minor thing to me at this point. Overall I'm very happy with the lift and tire combo.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

How expensive was all the parts? (if you priced them all out) I want to go the exact same route as you with my 2010 2dr sport :*)
Old 04-08-2010, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
How expensive was all the parts? (if you priced them all out) I want to go the exact same route as you with my 2010 2dr sport :*)
Well definitely bought these slowly over the last year. The Teraflex lift I have with a 3" coil in front and 2.5" spacer in rear they don't make anymore (I bought it well over a year ago) You would have same effect as far as relative height of lift with their current 2.5" coil lift on your 2dr... Northridge has it for $420 on their website... I got the wheels and tires (just 4 for right now, still need to buy that spare) for around $1700 (which would vary on your brand and sizes) and the trac bar was around $130-140 from 4wd, I got great deals and service from Bustabizz (Bryan) from 4wd.com on the forum here... My lift kit came with the quick disconnects but those are $120 new but I've seen several in the for sale section for much less... got the superchips from northridge last week during their Moab sale and got it for under $300 can't beat that...so start saving because now that I've finally done all this I just think what's next?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:01 PM
JK Freak

nice rig my man

Quick Reply: Finally installed TF 3" lift and KM2 tires... Now it looks like a Jeep