Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Finally got my lift w/ 37s!! :)

Old 12-14-2011, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool looks good

looks really good. i have a question. i have 33's on mine right now but i want to put 37's on it. whats your gas mileage like after putting them on?
Old 12-14-2011, 01:56 PM
JK Newbie

Great looking rig man! Keep on Jeepin!

Cheers.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seacebeod
I finally was able to save up the dinero to finally give Calamity Jane (that's her name, lol) her lift!

I guess i should put this list in my signature...but here's what she had done

Teraflex 4" Suspension w/ Flexarms
5.13 Yukon Gears
37" BFG KM2's on 17"x9" American Eagle Alloys
Teraflex Axle sleeves and gussets
Rough Country Steering Stabilizers

Now i just need to figure out what to do about the Tire Pressure Monitor light that's coming up on my dash. Any suggestions? Does anyone know if the Superchips Flaspaq takes care of that?

Other than that, let me know what you think!
Sweet rig!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Default Rubican Driveshafts

Originally Posted by seacebeod
not soon...i will in the future though. right now i need to invest in a little eco car so i can drive to work without worrying about the 11.7mpg gas mileage that i am now getting. haha!

of course, if the drive shaft goes out, it will be replaced immediately, but i'd like to use the Rubicon's DS until it can't really be used anymore.
Help me out here .........Is it the tire/wheel weight that kills the stock Rubican driveshafts ?? Who makes stronger ones ? Costs ??
Old 02-03-2012, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Highville
Help me out here .........Is it the tire/wheel weight that kills the stock Rubican driveshafts ?? Who makes stronger ones ? Costs ??
i dont think so. i think it's the new distance that the drive shaft has to reach to get to the differential. i may be wrong, so if someone else knows, please enlighten us.

i am no pro at drive shafts, to be honest, but it looks as if the stock rubicon DS has some kind of covering or metal sheath that surrounds the actual drive shaft. that is the part that is broken on mine. i am under the impression that it is only a protective covering, because even though it rattles when i'm in 4wd, my drive shaft is turning just fine. i can see where that piece is broken and it is fairly close to the skid plate right above the front DS. it looks like when i was in flex, the drive shaft actually hit that skid plate and that's when the break occurred. if this is true, my only thought would be that it is the new length that it is having to reach and travel when i'm jeeping that caused this (presumed) covering to break.

as i said...i may completely backwards on that. so if anyone knows better, please share. all i know is that even though it rattles like crazy once i start up the 4wd, it still spins and my jeep is still crawling with everybody else....i don't expect that kind of luck for too much longer though
Old 02-03-2012, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bearwilliam
looks really good. i have a question. i have 33's on mine right now but i want to put 37's on it. whats your gas mileage like after putting them on?
my stock rubicon got about 17-19mpg if i remember correctly...now i get 11mpg...13mpg with the FlashPaq
Old 02-03-2012, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

Nice looking jeep ! Here's my 37's

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4028772198.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	273695
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-988583803.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	273694   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4166606332.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	273696  
Old 02-04-2012, 09:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is that with a regearor are those stock gears buddy?
Old 02-05-2012, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

What kind of rear bumper are you running?
Old 02-05-2012, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Jeep looks great.

Quick Reply: Finally got my lift w/ 37s!! :)