Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Finally got my lift w/ 37s!! :)

Old 05-11-2010, 09:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i decided to post a few pics of our little adventure today. just wanted to let y'all see that she isn't going to be another mall crawler...lol. she did awesome! a little bit of rub in the back tires, but that'll be easy to take care of.

however...Under Dawg called it...

Originally Posted by Under Dawg
Not if, when...
the front drive shaft went out. haha! good job, and thanks for the heads up.

took it to the shop and we're gonna put one on order this week. any suggestions on what to get? i was thinking either Tom Wood's or J. E. Reel...i'll continue the research though.

let me know what you think about my new pics!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sig 20100511_Jeep_0024..jpg
Views:	239
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	66500   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sig 20100511_Jeep_0002..jpg
Views:	215
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	66501   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sig 20100511_Jeep_0012..jpg
Views:	221
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	66502   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sig 20100511_Jeep_0007..jpg
Views:	258
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	66503  
Old 05-12-2010, 01:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

You and I have the same rims, tire size and almost the same tires. I picked the Krawlers. They look very similar.

Looks good man!
Old 05-12-2010, 03:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks great man... looks like fun ! you should throw some flat flares on their.( xenon bushwacker..or steel flares ) . that would give you some more clearance... and would look even better
Old 11-26-2011, 08:47 PM
JK Newbie

Your JK looks bad ass! I have a 2010 rubicon and i plan on putting 37's on it as soon as i return home from afghanistan and i want to do it right. I guess what i'm wondering is how do you like the set up you have? 5.13 gears working out pretty good or would you rather 5.38 (i have an auto btw) and also would i have to go with a 4.5" lift or could i make it work with a 3"? im thinking Full Traction SRS 3"? This is my first wrangler and i just want to make sure i get it all right so when i get home im not missing out on the essentials.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:39 PM
JK Freak

Awesome Jeep. Well done.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Great looking rig! Nicely done...
Old 11-26-2011, 11:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great looking and very good set up of lift kit, gear ratio and tire choice
Old 11-27-2011, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by easy843
Your JK looks bad ass! I have a 2010 rubicon and i plan on putting 37's on it as soon as i return home from afghanistan and i want to do it right. I guess what i'm wondering is how do you like the set up you have? 5.13 gears working out pretty good or would you rather 5.38 (i have an auto btw) and also would i have to go with a 4.5" lift or could i make it work with a 3"? im thinking Full Traction SRS 3"? This is my first wrangler and i just want to make sure i get it all right so when i get home im not missing out on the essentials.
thanks for the kudos, man. 37"s are definitely the way to go, especially if you have a 4-dr. i really like my setup with a few minor exceptions after driving it for a year and a half. first of all, the lift is perfect. I don't think you could go much shorter than 4" without ensuring that you have some flat fenders and some sort of aftermarket stubby bumper. when i am turning really sharp (like if i'm trying to do a u-turn or something) the tire will actually rub on the front bumper...and it's rubbing on the metal support in the back, not just the plastic...and it's a lot worse, obviously, when i'm on the trail and there's a little bit of flexing going on. now keep in mind that the teraflex 4" lift is actually 5.5" without aftermarket steel bumpers and a winch.... (and that's what i've got right now).

other thing is my tires. the KM2's are really nice tires as far as being able to grip me through the trail and not being to noisy on the road. however, the caliche pits that we run down here tear them up! i don't know if that happens to all tires, but the terrain just tears up the treads. i had a blow out driving down the highway a few months ago because one of the treads had finally gotten ripped off (i guess from the speed on the highway) after a short offroading trip.

as far as my gearing goes, they're good for what i do. i haven't had any problems at all getting around the trails. i am able to keep up with my TJ friends who have a much lower gear ratio than i do. that being said, my top cruising speed is probably about 64mph. (that's because i don't like to cruise on the highway at over 3300rpm). lower the gears any more than 5.13, you'll be even slower. so i guess it all depends on what your jeep is going to be used for. when i lifted my jeep last year, it was still my daily driver for work and stuff, so i didn't want to sacrifice too much road-ability.

good luck on your build! i'm no professional by any means. but this forum and my local jeeping friends gave me a lot of advice and it all turned out pretty good. just keep asking around, and don't forget to talk to the locals because they'll have a better idea of what you might need for the kind of jeeping you'll be doing most of the time.

and thanks for serving. if only all Americans had the balls that you guys out there on the front lines have...
Old 11-27-2011, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

Default Great looking jeep

Awesome looking ride...love the black on black, looks sharp and clean.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great The flashpaq is great. I have had one for nearly 10,000 miles and it does wonders. You will notice that your mpg will increase plus power. Best mod for an automatic besides gears. After looking at your rig though I am almost regretting my 35's sitting in my garage waiting to go on

Quick Reply: Finally got my lift w/ 37s!! :)