Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Finally got my lift w/ 37s!! :)

Old 05-10-2010, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bazetthound
Are you going spareless?
yeah...lol
i still have the original spare until i get a new bumper...

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Dude your rig looks awesome!

JMO but I think the Unlimited looks better in 37's than it does in 35's. As for the tpms, both the AEV Procal and the SuperChips will take care of the light. If you can afford it go with the SuperChips it offers you so much more and being that your an auto you'll benefit from things like shift points, etc. We have the AEV Procal because the Superchips wasn't out yet but at some point we'll be upgrading to the SuperChips!
i like the way the 37's look on the unlimited also. i also feel that the added height is necessary with the extra length. I KEPT GETTING HIGH-CENTERED WITHOUT THE LIFT!

yeah that's good information about the SuperChips...i guess i've been re-sold on that programmer. just have to gather a few more pennies.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

WoW, nice loooking rig. Thats what I want to do someday, once mine is payed off.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seacebeod
...if the drive shaft goes out, it will be replaced immediately, but i'd like to use the Rubicon's DS until it can't really be used anymore.
Not if, when.

What worries me about the wait and see approach is, with my luck I'd be halfway up a difficult trail and that's where I'd break. I would hate to ruin a nice vacation because of something preventable.

Anyway, your Unlimited looks exceptional. I'm not a fan of that much tire, not normally anyway, but your JK wears 'em well I must admit.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:13 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I finally was able to save up the dinero to finally give Calamity Jane (that's her name, lol) her lift!

I guess i should put this list in my signature...but here's what she had done

Teraflex 4" Suspension w/ Flexarms
5.13 Yukon Gears
37" BFG KM2's on 17"x9" American Eagle Alloys
Teraflex Axle sleeves and gussets
Rough Country Steering Stabilizers

Now i just need to figure out what to do about the Tire Pressure Monitor light that's coming up on my dash. Any suggestions? Does anyone know if the Superchips Flaspaq takes care of that?

Other than that, let me know what you think!
Looks awesome!!
Old 05-11-2010, 07:17 AM
JK Super Freak

great looking pics.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

looking good
Old 05-11-2010, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Under Dawg
Not if, when.

What worries me about the wait and see approach is, with my luck I'd be halfway up a difficult trail and that's where I'd break. I would hate to ruin a nice vacation because of something preventable.

Anyway, your Unlimited looks exceptional. I'm not a fan of that much tire, not normally anyway, but your JK wears 'em well I must admit.
yeah, that's definitely something to consider.

however, most of the wheeling i do (lately) is local. it's pretty easy to break something (God forbid) and take it straight to the shop, which happens to be very friendly to Jeeps. they're pretty good about getting fellow wranglers back on the trail before they finish up their f-150 jobs.

but you're right. i am expecting that stock DS to go out if i don't replace it before then. but if i am going on any lengthy off-road adventure, i will probably consider getting a new drive shaft and throw it in the back or something.

oh, and thanks for the kudos. my fellow CJ and TJ's here were worried about me getting 37's as well - they run mostly 33's and 35's - but once they saw the setup they liked it too. i think the trick (for me at least) was to get the lowest lift with the largest tires possible...and this setup seemed to work perfectly.

Last edited by seacebeod; 05-11-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:48 AM
JK Junkie

yeah, that's definitely something to consider.

however, most of the wheeling i do (lately) is local. it's pretty easy to break something (God forbid) and take it straight to the shop, which happens to be very friendly to Jeeps. they're pretty good about getting fellow wranglers back on the trail before they finish up their f-150 jobs.

but you're right. i am expecting that stock DS to go out if i don't replace it before then. but if i am going on any lengthy off-road adventure, i will probably consider getting a new drive shaft and throw it in the back or something.

oh, and thanks for the kudos. my fellow CJ and TJ's here were worried about me getting 37's as well - they run mostly 33's and 35's - but once they saw the setup they liked it too. i think the trick (for me at least) was to get the lowest lift with the largest tires possible...and this setup seemed to work perfectly.

Yes, TF 4 inch is an incredible lift, and IMO perfect for 37's...your rig looks great......I will also say that the Superchips is a must......you want all of the features it has to offer....you have great taste in mods....lol
Old 05-11-2010, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah...lol
i still have the original spare until i get a new bumper...
I went spareless for a while... I prefer the spareless look on the JKs.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Nice rig!

Quick Reply: Finally got my lift w/ 37s!! :)