Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Finally decided to do gears and lockers

Old 10-19-2010, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally decided to do gears and lockers

Finally jumped off the fence and will have 5:13 yukon gears and ARB lockers with the larger compressor installed on Monday
Old 10-19-2010, 09:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by hdrider
Finally jumped off the fence and will have 5:13 yukon gears and ARB lockers with the larger compressor installed on Monday
Awesome! Post up some pics when you hit the trails to test them out.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

You won't regret it!!
Old 10-22-2010, 04:02 AM
JK Freak

I'm looking forward to it. I've been craving the gears since I went to 35's. The lockers I figured I better do it while it's torn down.
I drop it off today and they will have it ready Monday afternoon they say.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome! i'm planning on doing 4.88 and sticking w/ 33's (i'm short) but definitely an ARB in the rear and holding out until i get some more funds for a 44 in the front.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

Got the gears and MOST of the air lockers done... the person doing the work didn't have time to mount the switches for the air lockers and was headed out on vacation the next day to Mexico,, so the gears and lockers are all done except the switches. Goes back in next Wed. to complete the job.
BUT the gears feel good. Have only drove it about 50 mmiles but yesterday and this morning I was driving and thought,,, hmmmm must have to recalibrate the speedo because I can't be going this fast up this hill without hitting overdrive . I've driven that hill every day since I got the jeep new so I KNOW how it feels normally.
So when I got home tonight I grabbed the GPS and went for a drive,,,, the speedo is dead on like it was before so that only means one thing..... the gears are doing there job .
Old 10-26-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the gears and MOST of the air lockers done... the person doing the work didn't have time to mount the switches for the air lockers and was headed out on vacation the next day to Mexico,, so the gears and lockers are all done except the switches. Goes back in next Wed. to complete the job.
BUT the gears feel good. Have only drove it about 50 mmiles but yesterday and this morning I was driving and thought,,, hmmmm must have to recalibrate the speedo because I can't be going this fast up this hill without hitting overdrive . I've driven that hill every day since I got the jeep new so I KNOW how it feels normally.
So when I got home tonight I grabbed the GPS and went for a drive,,,, the speedo is dead on like it was before so that only means one thing..... the gears are doing there job .
i am very curious here. did you reprogram for tire size and gears??
Old 10-26-2010, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did you only do the rear locker? Did you go with the 35 spline?
Old 10-26-2010, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by captjay
i am very curious here. did you reprogram for tire size and gears??
I reprogrammed for tire size some time back. And I did reprogram last night for the new gears.
I did the lockers front and rear.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I reprogrammed for tire size some time back. And I did reprogram last night for the new gears.
I did the lockers front and rear.
So you're still running the D30 up front? Did you opt for the 35 spline in rear? If not, what was your reasoning not to, price?

Quick Reply: Finally decided to do gears and lockers