Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

A Few Pics from My Recent Trip to Canadialand

Old 01-02-2013, 03:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC
There is one catch with these tires (any tires of this width.) If you are traveling at speed (Id say 25mph+) and you plow into powder, the width of the tires act like skis and float over the snow, severely limiting your steering input (Id say you lose 95%). With tires this wide, you need to be very careful when traveling with any meaningful speed. Other than that, they were incredible and practically unstoppable.
Yeah, that's what I figured with the 12.5w. Those are probably my next tires so thanks for the response!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Took a trip to Canada over my birthday this year (dec 25th) and had some good times snow wheelin....took a couple of pics and figure I'd share them with you guys. Any comments and questions are always welcome!

Thanks for looking!
Thanks for sharing your pics. Awesome shots I really enjoyed them.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, that Orange Jeep with the White snow is Nice. Great shots.......
Old 01-02-2013, 04:21 PM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These particular shots were taken in Mont Tremblant National Park.

Mont Tremblant is a beautiful place to be any time of year but during the winter months it's incredible. Were you lucky enough to get caught in our blizzard we had on the 27th
Happy belated and nice pics
Old 01-02-2013, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MFX
Mont Tremblant is a beautiful place to be any time of year but during the winter months it's incredible. Were you lucky enough to get caught in our blizzard we had on the 27th
Happy belated and nice pics
Damn right. It snowed almost two feet in Montreal but it seemed like even more in the mountains. I am planning on a summer road trip to the Torngat National Park. Maybe I'll try to see if other Jeepers want to tag along.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Awesome pics...Definetly painting my grill black...Your JK is awesome...
Old 01-02-2013, 04:55 PM
JK Freak

Awesone pics! And great lookin jeep...ive had mine for two winter and of course we havnt had any snow to play in...looking at your pics makes me want to go somewhere that has some
Old 01-02-2013, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jhouse93
Awesone pics! And great lookin jeep...ive had mine for two winter and of course we havnt had any snow to play in...looking at your pics makes me want to go somewhere that has some
Snow is a cruel mistress. Fun, but can bite you in the a$$ real fast and leave you in a serious situation. I still prefer my forest/creek driving than snow, but I'll take what I can find.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:20 PM
JK Freak

No lens babies. I do most of my stuff in post. I used to carry a 75lb backpack with me with all the gear under the sun, but it started getting harder and harder to carry that massive backpack, so now I do most of my stuff in post. As for the vignetting, I like to have the subject stand out a bit...a bit or personal style. I don't do it on commercial shoots.
Totally cool, personal style is what it's all about. What do you shoot with? I like the use of wide angle you use.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by idiotec
Totally cool, personal style is what it's all about. What do you shoot with? I like the use of wide angle you use.
I have tons of gear but this particular shoot was with a Canon 1DsMKIII with a 16-35 F2.8 lens.

Quick Reply: A Few Pics from My Recent Trip to Canadialand