Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Fender Mod

Old 04-10-2009, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Offroadme
what size tires are you running?

here is a link to one post that someone cut there fenders. just use some masking tape and cut away. im waiting to do this until i mash up my fenders but if yours are messed up and i don't see any problems in trimming them up. and as stated on some other topics with the fenders no one had any problems with flapping. they were still sturdy

check out this post hope it helps

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/lone-star-state-47/finally-got-stones-cut-my-fenders-79229/
Thank you for all the responses!!!

I am running Stock Tire High for the Rubicon. I think it is more the hight of the rocks in my area that are making it hard for my fender flares to make it over. I know my rock sliders are doing their job. I think next week I am going to chop them. I think I am going to raise the back of the front fenders and the front of the rears.

I was also worried about the look, but I think they look great!. I will be going through all the posts and start to cut!

Thanks Again Guys!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 01:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by chadsrub
So, I have been out on the trails 3 times now, and the only problem that I am having is that my fender flares that I have are all messed up. They are scraping some of the larger rocks. So, I have been looking at other fender flares, but I am fairly certain that they will al do the same thing. I know that I have seen some cut fender flares on the site, but I am missing them. If anyone has done it, what are you using to cut them and what are you basing the shape off of?

Is it worth doing? Wind problems?

Any help would be great!

Chad
WOL has a fender mod write up posted in the write up section of this site. Would send you the link but I am on the .mobi site.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IMFletch
WOL has a fender mod write up posted in the write up section of this site. Would send you the link but I am on the .mobi site.
Here's the link to his write-up:
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ry-fender-chop

I have been looking at this a lot and browsing all the pictures. I think I'm going to give it a shot with his style fender "trim lines".

Quick Reply: Fender Mod