Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Fender flares? Which ones to buy

Old 06-27-2012, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 74CJ5
I love my Poison Spyder crusher flares. Got the aluminum ones. They are rock solid!

Attachment 334240Attachment 334243Attachment 334244Attachment 334245Attachment 334246
Those look pretty good, I have the same wheels btw, but what tires (and size) are those?
Old 06-27-2012, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by pasteris71
Has anybody cut their fenders and left the inside fender well on while doing do? I have seen it done both ways now and I am thinking of just leaving the insides on while cutting.
I would definitely take the fender well out...you can leave the fender support in until you get enough of the fender cut to easily pull it out but you Will be able to get a much straighter cut without the loose fender well shaking around under your saw...especially if you're using a sawzall such as I did

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120627_132145.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	334509

Also after I cut the fenders on my jk I spent a good amount of time with a sanding block getting the edges perfect then I put on some black door trim and shrunk it with a hairdryer for a really tight fit...i have seen some really good looking fender chops and ive seen some real hack jobs...patience and planning are key..so make sure you take your time and have an extra set of hands on standby...good luck and post pcs!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

Yeah take your time if you want a nice cut. Mines ok it stared to rain so not perfect but plan on trimming them down a little more.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jeeper'08
Can't fully remember, read about those on another thread.. they do look very similar to the BW's though! You should check out that thread I'm talking about, then again don't listen to me its your Jeep!

yup, i agree but i haven't heard anything bad about them? just wanted to know what you heard.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Poison Spyder for sure.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have 2 say that i really like the flat fender look but even though that posted video looks impressive if you slide into any flat fender out there including the plastic ones you can pretty much kiss your sheet metal good bye..if you get up close and personal with any rocks or trees on a regular basis i would say just cut the oem ones as they were designed to break away on impact...if not and you are just going for clearance then those psc flares look pretty sweet
Old 07-01-2012, 04:27 AM
JK Newbie

Default Need some help.

I really like the massive bush pocket flare fenders. The only issue is I have an AEV Snorkel that runs along the top of my passenger side fender. Will the pocket flare work? has anyone attempted this?

Quick Reply: Fender flares? Which ones to buy