Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Fail!!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 06:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's another question - what should the lugs be torqued at. I always use an impact gun but I don't hammer them down super hard and tight. Makes me think I should stop that habit.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its 105 ftlbs of torque but I do 115 because of having to use an extension.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JackMac4
Here's another question - what should the lugs be torqued at. I always use an impact gun but I don't hammer them down super hard and tight. Makes me think I should stop that habit.
100 ft lbs. I bought a torque wrench from a local auto parts store for 40 bucks.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMac4
95 on the spacers and 100 on the wheel.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CLACKEY(_!_)

Edit: Well this is the result of...."Hey Alfredo, Since you have nothing to do and I have to work today. Why don't you pull my Jeep around back and rotate my tires."

During the test drive at 50 mph 1 mile from work this was the result. I'll check on monday but I'm pretty sure he used the impact gun and cranked the sh!t out of them.
Good thing I hadn't made it to the freeway. YET!

I would really like to know how that happened was the person who rotated you tires retarted, i hope they plan to pay for them to be repaired. That sux
Old 12-20-2008, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

The only thing I could say is, my foot would have had to gone up someones ass for that incident....hope it all gets fixed and not at your cost.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:58 AM
JK Junkie

Unfortunately, this is not uncommon when running wheel spacers. There is a reason every form of motorsports there is have banned their usage.

Hope everybody was ok.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Stuka
Unfortunately, this is not uncommon when running wheel spacers. There is a reason every form of motorsports there is have banned their usage.

Hope everybody was ok.
Highend german automakers use them on ultr high performance race cars. Porsche uses them. This one was chalked up to stupidity and user error.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:08 PM
JK Freak

Tell them you'll forget it ever happened and won't kill anyone if there is some nice aftermarkets wheels waiting on it come pick up time LOL
Just can't trust work these days unless you do it yourself...........
Old 12-20-2008, 02:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
Highend german automakers use them on ultr high performance race cars. Porsche uses them. This one was chalked up to stupidity and user error.
On what models? SCCA will not allow any car to compete with wheel spacers. And, if by chance porsche does use them, I doubt they are using 100lb tire/wheel combos.

Quick Reply: Fail!!!!