Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Fab your own bumpers?

Old 04-11-2009, 08:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Fab your own bumpers?

Has anyone tried to fabricate their own front bumper? I have not seen a bumper that I really like well enough to pay the prices they are going for. I'm thinking of pulling my stock front off and taking some measurements, going to the drawing board, making a cardboard mock-up and seeing what I get. I will post pics if I ever get there.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there was just a post i saw while i was at work i was on my phone but some one here made a sweet front bumper with a winch mount. looked really good. i would do a search i am pretty sure it was from today though .
Old 04-11-2009, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

i am building my own bumper right now, i have a mock up done and next week i will start cutting it out and welding
Old 04-11-2009, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you would, put up the specs of your bumpers. A guy at my work is going to build me a front and rear bumper/tire carrier. He's awesome with welding.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Made my front bumper awhile back. HERE And there is more pics in my "my.project-jk" gallery. I still need to fab up a rear bumper but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GrassSeed JK
Made my front bumper awhile back. HERE And there is more pics in my "my.project-jk" gallery. I still need to fab up a rear bumper but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Nice work! Cery clean welds. I wanna get the bumper alittle longer and have the fogs recessed
Old 04-13-2009, 06:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lunkhead22
If you would, put up the specs of your bumpers. A guy at my work is going to build me a front and rear bumper/tire carrier. He's awesome with welding.
on my TJ my friend made his bumper by copying mine it was an ARB an it look exactly the same.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GrassSeed JK
this one is looks great, much better than some of the other ones I've seen
Old 04-14-2009, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

My buddy and I just finished this one. Its pretty frigg'n sweet. He used a trailer spindle for the hinge (stout) and a T-bolt and 1/2" flange for the fastener. No rattle and practically no wiggle. Hi-Lift jack mount too. He seen a picture of one and just Fab'ed it out of his head...

please comment.
He may make another one if anyone is interested...
Old 04-14-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

that is very nice, i always like the simple ones the best. i might be interested depending on the price, especially since i'm somewhat local.

Quick Reply: Fab your own bumpers?