Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

OR-FAB Tire gerry can carrier

Old 10-28-2011, 07:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by texwillys

Hey G,
It looks like the factory spare tire bumpers snug right up to the fuel can?
Is that a Nato style can, or the old U.S. Army metal type?
I'm trying to decide which style of carrier to go with.
My OEM bumper is several inches below the cans.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-36717051.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	229807

But I am using the one with the lip that mount to a small support on the carrier. No issues at all.

One thing I did not like and have been thinking about is how to change the spare holder.

The original requires us to remove that little Jeep center cap because it mounts through the rim's central hole. I am thinking how I can use the three-bolt system like in the OEM version so I do not have to remove it. Will likely have to fabricate something.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the carrier, and I have armor. I took the rubber tire bumpers off, and have no problems with my cans rattling. Thankfully the people at OR-FAB cut the holes in my armor specifically for their carrier, so I didn't have to do anything special (Above the normal massive amount of labor) to put them on.

Quick Reply: OR-FAB Tire gerry can carrier