Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

OR FAB tire/can broken

Old 08-14-2009, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks boots.

Yes before I bought my Or-fab carrier also I did the homework and I choose this model. Everything was good and I was very happy with it.

The first person from Or-fab that I contacted was Yates after he saw the pictures he told me that a structure would send me ASAP. Two days later Yates asks me to talk with Kevin (Or-fab) because Kevin knew exactly what happened. Rest of the history you know.

Thanks again.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi brent f70

I have some old pictures showing how the spare tire is resting against on the tubes. I hope they are clear.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-25012009403.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	28577   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-19022009448.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	28578   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-09052009671.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	28579   Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-09052009695.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	28580  
Old 08-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear and see about the expierience you had with our product. I have run mine since it has been developed for the JK and not one issue. I'm glad to see we are taking care of the situation. One thing I did notice is the small hole that was drilled to allow your wires to be routed inside the tubing... use caution doing this in the future as it is an access point for moisture to find the interior of the carrier and cause damage over time.

Once again thanks for choosing our products and let us know if there is anything else we can do to help...

JAKE
Old 08-14-2009, 09:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi serveapurpose

I bought the kit 87017.

In the page 3 of your instructions to install your third brake light (kit 87017) said “drill 5/16” hole and route wire through rack”. I did that and put the corresponding rubber grommet. That is the reason of that small hole.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mini-20022009457.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	28585  
Old 08-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

YIKES! I spoke before realizing that our directions state to do that, thanks for pointing that out to me . I don't have the third brake light so next time just tell me to ....

Good luck with the new carrier
Old 08-14-2009, 09:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi serveapurpose

There is not a new carrier. Kevin proposal is send me a new one but with small cost, based in that the adapter put a great stress……bla, bla…but I do not believe that.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

This bothers me greatly with the customer service from this company......

i purchased this exact carrier from northridge4x4 the other day, it'll be here tuesday.

While I have never seen this issue(from my whopping 3 years in the Jeep community) I am seriously dissappointed in a company that easily makes 100% profit from this carrier and won't replace a single piece that would cost them less than 50 bucks!!!! The powder coating might add a little, but come the F*CK on.......

I plan on running a 37" spare on it.......plenty of other's have run the carrier with a 37" spare and haven't had an issue like this....

About the drilled hole......if it's in ANY of the directions and then they are trying to use that as a reason to not replace it.....they need to address the problem and remove that from the directions.....

We could argue for days about why this happened.......but what's the point?

My plan on purchasing the bumpers from OR-FLAB....will be put on hold until further notice about this.

DON'T BE STUPID OR-FAB.....REPLACE IT NO CHARGE.....you will prolly lose 10 customers because of this thread......
Old 08-15-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKMoses
Hi brent f70

I have some old pictures showing how the spare tire is resting against on the tubes. I hope they are clear.
Yep....That shows my theory was not right....I noticed the hole and wires but I too had seen where they instruct you to drill the hole.

I still love and highly recommend this carrier and think it is the best on the market bar none....you just had one with a defect.

Yates, please reconsider....pretty clear something was wrong with his weld or the supplied instructions that told him to drill that hole???
Old 08-15-2009, 08:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi serveapurpose

I bought the kit 87017.

In the page 3 of your instructions to install your third brake light (kit 87017) said “drill 5/16” hole and route wire through rack”. I did that and put the corresponding rubber grommet. That is the reason of that small hole.

now is that a comeback or what?
Old 08-15-2009, 08:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi serveapurpose

There is not a new carrier. Kevin proposal is send me a new one but with small cost, based in that the adapter put a great stress……bla, bla…but I do not believe that.
it does sound like they are trying to give you a run around they should just send you a new one. saludos

Last edited by robin; 08-16-2009 at 06:35 AM.

Quick Reply: OR FAB tire/can broken