Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

OR-Fab and Teraflex installs done...

Old 02-18-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like the carrier....its at the top of my list for swing aways....which Im ready to buy as soon as i decide on one.

Thanks for all of the pics!
Old 02-18-2009, 05:59 PM
JK Junkie

lookin good
Old 02-18-2009, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great setup... Coincidentally, I was at OR-Fab today as I was LUCKY enough to have them install mine for me. It is actually my first mod that I didnt do myself and I'm feeling a little guilty! I did help out some though. I was very impressed with the facility, the company, the product lines, the efficiency, the quality control... Everything was outstanding. Hell, even the owner came out a few times to check on the status and see how thing were going... As did their Mktg Director, Sales guy, Exec VP... Just TOTALLY impressed with OR-Fab!!!

As far as the tire carrier, this thing is very sturdy. The hinge side might be deceiving at first glance. You have to realize that there what you see on both the hinge side and the latch side are attached to brackets bolted on the inside of the body. ALL of the brackets are made of 1/4" too! Those hinge pins are 1/2" grade 8... If they are good enough to hold your control arms on, they should be good enough for a little tire carrier! The washer setup is a well thought out deisgn. They arent simply for spacing. They have alum cylinders to take up the bulk of the space, but the washers are brass which rotate on each other better and hold up longer. So basically, at the pivot points (top and bottom of the hinge, and on each side of the alum spacer/cylinder there are 2 brass washers to pivot on. Plus there are shiv (sp?) washers to keep pressure on the nuts to prevent loosening.

Seriously, I would have never thought this thing could be this solid. I grab it and shake it as violently as I can, up, down, side to side... All I do is rock my Jeep. This post doesnt even begin to express how satisfied I am with the product and the company... Major props to OR-Fab!
Old 02-18-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

thanks rubijk!!! i do believe this purchase is in the very near future

Quick Reply: OR-Fab and Teraflex installs done...