Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expo One Saved My Life - Accident

Old 03-31-2010, 02:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Haven't updated this thread in a while. Stopped by the shop last Friday and talked to the repair guys and they gave me some good news and some bad news.

Bad news: Damage is more extensive than originally thought. The tailgate collapsed in on the tire jack bin in the back. They'll be able to fix it no problem. Also, their guy can't match the powder coat finish that was originally on the Expo One rear bumper.

Good news: The frame is completely fine. Instead of trying to match the rear bumpers original finish the powder coater says he can match the finish of my front ARB bumper! So now I'll have a one-off powder coat job for my rear bumper. In addition they're going to powder coat the spindle cap for the tire carrier (which was corroding) and my antenna mount to match! Also, my gear rack from Springtail Solutions was perfectly fine, not even a little warped. Man, that things STOUT!

I stopped by again today. I was told I should hopefully have it back by Friday. If it wasn't for the powder coating it'd likely have been done today but they have to ship that out as the dealership doesn't do it in house. I have to say Royal Gate has been excellent to deal with throughout this whole thing. The only downside is I'm stuck in a rental minivan...

minivan...
Old 03-31-2010, 03:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO
Hope you get BlackShine Back soon!!!

Is the MiniVan Black? Have LightForce Lights? ARB Bumper?
If I'm stuck in it much longer it will!
Old 03-31-2010, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey with the minivan... You really didn't gain or lose much power huh? How bout better gas mileage. YAY on that

Quick Reply: Expo One Saved My Life - Accident