Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expo One Saved My Life - Accident

Old 02-25-2010, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by adamisadam
USAA is supposed to be the best, so hopefully dealing direct with them will be good. They should replace your aftermarket parts. Hopefully you have receipts for them, otherwise they'll have to replace with OEM stuff which can often times cost as much if not more.

As for getting other parts installed during repair, HECK YEA! On my KJ, I had some front end damage that was a real blessing in desguise (because I lived through it!). I wanted an ARB. The OEM stuff was expensive. I got the ARB and had it shipped to the body shop. They painted and installed it. I had to pay a few extra bucks for labor due to the prep work, but I tihnk the results were WELL worth it:

more pics:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/325889/14

I'm sure glad it wasn't your KJ that hit me! It'd be like an immovable object meets and unstoppable force! We may have destroyed the world.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Skippman
I'm sure glad it wasn't your KJ that hit me! It'd be like an immovable object meets and unstoppable force! We may have destroyed the world.
I was thinking that the first time I saw your pictures. My ARB bumper weighed 130 lbs. Yes, if that KJ ever hits anyone like that, it will likely win! (if you live in NJ, beware as that's where my old KJ is now)
Old 02-25-2010, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing. Showed the wife and she said we NEED that bumper. OH, glad your OK!!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:14 AM
JK Super Freak

The adjuster came by my office today. Here's what he said:

Rear Bumper - Sand and repaint/powder coat
Left (Divers) rear quarter panel - Possible replacement, painted at least
License Plate Bracket - Replacement
Exhaust - Replacement
Tail Gate - Replacement
Frame - Repaired if applicable, no noticable damage

So that's where I sit right now. He asked where I wanted to take it and I'm insisting the dealer perform the repair work. I'll likely pocket the exhaust money and use it to buy an aftermarket. Everyone I'm talking to seems to rave about the Flowmaster 44 but it looks like that might be a bit louder than I want.

Doc asked me to post some pictures of his rack and how it held up. As far as I can tell it's not bent at all. All of the bags were held solidly in place. Had I not had my gear restrained it could have come flying at me. His product is definatly stout!

I appologize for the quality of the picture as I only had my iPhone to take it with. As you can see I was hit SO HARD that the paint on the tail gate actually came off but the rack stayed right in place.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I too mated my JK with a Liberty!

No way! About 2 months ago I was the one who rearended a Liberty with my JK's Expedition One front bumper!!! What is the deal? Are Exp One bumpers attracted to Liberty's?

I CREAMED the back of the Liberty at about 30 MPH or less. $3700 in damage to the Liberty and barely scuffed the powdercoat on my Exp One front. No kidding...scuffed. They are incredibly stout bumpers. Of course, they ought to be. I have more invested in front and rear bumpers than I spent on my first two vehicles combined!
Old 02-27-2010, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Funny looks like the Liberty is bleeding a bit.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:33 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Nightbat
Funny looks like the Liberty is bleeding a bit.
it may be bleeding, but it's not funny! I happen to be fond of the KJ (as u can tell by my signature).
A moment of silence please...
Old 02-27-2010, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

When I scrolled down and saw that poor Liberty...

Sounds like nobody got hurt so that's good.

I have the same rear bumper so that's also good, but I suddenly feel the need to get an Expedition One FRONT bumper.

I still have the stocker out front. and after seeing that, now feel very vulnerable.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bertha
When I scrolled down and saw that poor Liberty...

Sounds like nobody got hurt so that's good.

I have the same rear bumper so that's also good, but I suddenly feel the need to get an Expedition One FRONT bumper.

I still have the stocker out front. and after seeing that, now feel very vulnerable.
I had a chance to finally see an Expo One front bumper in person. A guy here in St. Louis has it. It was nice looking but I still think I prefer my ARB. Fit to the fenders is much better on the ARB and the winch is protected by the bumper.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:27 PM
JK Junkie

this thread motiviated me to install this today:

Quick Reply: Expo One Saved My Life - Accident