Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expo One Saved My Life - Accident

Old 02-24-2010, 07:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My only complaint was that the Expo One bumper doesn't have anything to keep the tire carrier from coming INTO the vehicle other than where it attaches to the tail gate. Had there been some kind of limiter I think I wouldn't have taken any damage at all.

I'll be taking it to a body shop, probably the dealer, to have them repair it for me. I wonder if my MPAC rack is all bent up now?

I'm fine guys. A little shakey and a bit bummed. I was supposed to take Sunshine to Colorado this weekend for some ski time. Instead we have to take my pops Nitro now. Ah well.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Geico just called me (the Liberty drivers insurance) and asked me to discuss the accident with them.

Geico: "We were wondering if we could get a brief recorded statement from you about this."

Me: "Absolutely not. You can discuss it with my insurance company."
Old 02-24-2010, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can see a piece of the Liberty on your bumper Poor Liberty... Now that's a KJ vs JK crash

I have a KJ and a JK, but my KJ is protected too

Old 02-24-2010, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Good to hear you are ok. hopefully you'll have it back for march madness. Make sure that there insurance gives you extra money for your aftermarket bumper. Check the frame and the wheel to see if they are bent.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:18 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow JK stood up very well! I would definitely have the frame checked out, also, check your Top for any cracks and even have your spare tire rim looked at. Good to see with a good bumper how the JK will withstand a big impact! Glad your okay and hope everything goes smoothly for the repairs!
Old 02-24-2010, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Skippman
Geico just called me (the Liberty drivers insurance) and asked me to discuss the accident with them.

Geico: "We were wondering if we could get a brief recorded statement from you about this."

Me: "Absolutely not. You can discuss it with my insurance company."
When I got into my accident which it was clear that I was not at fault in, I didn't even let my insurance company know about it or get involved. Why get them involved in something that the other company is going to pay for. All you are doing is prolonging them accepting liability in a case that they cannot dispute it. Just my $.02.

In my case I also had to pick up the police report, which showed their driver at fault, and send it to them since they were taking their sweet time in getting a copy.

As for the accident, glad you are alright and your Jeep is seemingly fine as well. Hopefully the other driver made it out with no injuries as well. I would have your Jeep fully inspected for unseen damage though.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:09 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Thank God your ok! Woah he took a hit for sure. Your bumper held up really well. From the pictures looks like just a tailgate is needed
Old 02-24-2010, 10:17 AM
JK Freak

Glad to hear that you are ok.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mikesjk
Good to hear you are ok. hopefully you'll have it back for march madness. Make sure that there insurance gives you extra money for your aftermarket bumper. Check the frame and the wheel to see if they are bent.
I'm going to Madness even if I have to beg a ride from RockStomer.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

The pictures are amazing. Glad to hear you're alright. Can you imagine if it was another Wrangler with a stinger on the front?

Quick Reply: Expo One Saved My Life - Accident