Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expediton One Rear Bumper Installed

Old 06-10-2009, 08:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks great Windrocker, I can't wait to get mine... couple more weeks and I should be able to pull the trigger.

Did they inform you of the new design features prior to ordering, or was it a nice surprise when it showed up?

Also, what was your lead time and shipping cost?

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2009, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-10-2009, 09:38 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanna touch that thing in a bad way.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I wanna touch that thing in a bad way.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:19 AM
JK Jedi

Looks awesome!
Old 06-11-2009, 04:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats Windrocker.....That is a very nice rear bumper and the same one I will get once there is enough cash burning a hole in my pocket.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I actually e-mailed Expedition One yesterday about the rear bumper and here's what I got back.

Originally Posted by Sarah @ Expedition One

Skip,

Thanks for your inquiry. We recently released a second generation of our tire carrier that would allow for more mounting options which includes a high-lift jack mount, cb antenna mount, and geri can mounts which will all be add-on features. The second gen. carrier is in production and shipping now and the add-on features should be available in the next few weeks.
Let me know if oyu have any other questions!

Thank You,

Sarah
Old 06-11-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 06-11-2009, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cyruspura
That looks great Windrocker, I can't wait to get mine... couple more weeks and I should be able to pull the trigger.

Did they inform you of the new design features prior to ordering, or was it a nice surprise when it showed up?

Also, what was your lead time and shipping cost?

Thanks!
The upgrades were a great surprise. The friend that helped me install it has the original version, which is great, so I was very familiar with it or so I thought. So the improvements were a great surprise.

Shipping took about two weeks from the day of order to my door. I ordered it from a company called Rompalicious, yes funny name but great company. They kept me informed almost daily of its status. I even knew when Exp One was having a problem with their powder coater, which by the way is a perfect match for the fender flares.

As far as shipping cost, I dont see how you can beat Rompalicious, just do a Google for Rompalicious 4x4 for their web page and contact numbers. I would suggest calling them directly and talking to Ken Demico the owner. If you have any issues getting him I would be happy to pass along his direct number just PM me.

Thanks for the compliments and good luck to all wanting this bumper. It is worth the pennies, you will not be disappointed.

Last edited by Windrocker; 06-11-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Windrocker, mine is supposed to arrive today and will be installing it over the weekend. Any tips or gotchas I should know about? I like the upgrades, looks awesome! Definitely beats that ugly thing AEV is coming out with.

Quick Reply: Expediton One Rear Bumper Installed