Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expediton One Rear Bumper Installed

Old 06-10-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expediton One Rear Bumper Installed

Just got my Expedition One Rear bumper installed and ran across some nice surprises. Expedition One has upgraded the swing arm which gives you a stout platform to mount their new Geri can and Hi-Lift mounts (not out yet but supposed to be soon). They have also upgraded the arm that connects to the tailgate by repositioning it and eliminating the stacked washers.

I waited forever for AEV to come out with their rear but I was still rewarded for my wait by the new improved Expedition One bumper.

Awesome bumper, highly recommended!

(You can click on the image below for a few additional images)

Last edited by Windrocker; 06-26-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn, that's lookin' good!

I've wanted one of these for SOOOOO long. It's the next mod on my list after I get my TF installed. How easy is it to open and close the tail gate? How long did it take you to install it?
Old 06-10-2009, 04:37 PM
JK Junkie

thats a nice bumper.... very clean

does it support adjustments for the tire to be moved up or down?

that would come handy.

I also like the idea of not having to latch the tire carrier extremely clean

thanks for sharing
Old 06-10-2009, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love that bumper, I've seen it in person and its very quite and stout. I cant wait to see what the hi-lift and gerry can mounts look like...I may have to get one one day
Old 06-10-2009, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW!!!!

Thats one GREAT looking bumper!!
Old 06-10-2009, 05:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Wow, that thing looks SOLID.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Skippman, How easy is it to open and close the tail gate? How long did it take you to install it? It is super easy to open. With the improved angle on the connecting arm you can simply tighten or loosen the bolt to adjust the effort to open and close the gate. Took me and friend about an hour with no instructions, very easy.

Lo2aY, Does it support adjustments for the tire to be moved up or down? That is the only feature it is lacking. The new swing arm raises it about an inch higher than the old version. You can still see vehicles behind you, but it is higher than stock by about two inches.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh just wanted to add the hinge on the bumper itself is HUGE compared to other bumpers I have seen, like my PJ, its about the size of a beer can
Old 06-10-2009, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is a very nice setup. I am thinking about going with this read and the ARB front? Does it match up well with your AEV? Again, looks awesome man!
Old 06-10-2009, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Windrocker
Just got my Expedition One Rear bumper installed and ran across some nice surprises. Expedition One has upgraded the swing arm which will gives you a stout platform to mount their new Geri can and Hi-Lift mounts (not out yet but supposed to be soon). They have also upgraded the arm that connects to the tailgate by repositioning it and eliminating the stacked washers.

I waited forever for AEV to come out with their rear but I was still rewarded for my wait by the new improved Expedition One bumper.

Awesome bumper, highly recommended!

(You can click on the image below for a few additional images)

Looks freakin' sick man! Love the look. Now, I just might have to invest in Expedition One front and rear bumpers.

Question: It looks like it raises the tire up a lot from the stock tire carrier position. Could you still put a third brake light on there?

Thanks

Last edited by e0987c5t3; 06-10-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Expediton One Rear Bumper Installed