Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition One Trail Series Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier

Old 05-22-2008, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HITMONEY
I can't decide between this one, the LoD Signature Series, and the Rock Hard.

The only thing that I did not like about the Expedition One is that there are no reverse light cutouts.
I will probably end up mounting some on that rear step/tire cutout area.
But the way the tire carrier integrates with the tailgate made this the only rear that I wanted.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

I've been waiting and waiting AND waiting for AEV to come out with their rear bumper so I could order everything from them all at once (hood, front bumper, skid plate and rear bumper), but this bumper looks to line up well with the factory lines (which is one of the reasons I like AEVs front). I wonder how an AEV front and the Expedition One rear would look together? It would look rather silly if their coatings were different I think. Especially since my JK is black and I'm trying to keep everything that's not the color of the body in the same color scheme, ie the hard tops factory paint seems to match the mopar gas cover, tail light guards, factory side steps etc perfectly. They're all a flat somewhat textured black. I think if the AEV and expedition ones were basically the same in color/texture they'd look very good together on a JK. Thoughts?
Old 05-28-2008, 08:32 AM
JK Freak

Hey Sahara! I just ran a trail down in Moab with XBroncoMan. He has the AEV front bumper and this Expedition One rear bumper on his silver Rubi! Very nice setup! After opening the tailgate with one motion, I was sold! PM him or look for his pics. Its a nice rig!
Old 05-28-2008, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by scootrrydr
Hey Sahara! I just ran a trail down in Moab with XBroncoMan. He has the AEV front bumper and this Expedition One rear bumper on his silver Rubi! Very nice setup! After opening the tailgate with one motion, I was sold! PM him or look for his pics. Its a nice rig!
Thanks! Sent him a PM and hopefully will hear back sometime soon, but it definitely sounds like it could be the right combo for me. I'll have to ask him how much the added weight brought the front and rear down, since I'm running 33s and no lift yet. Although I might just bite the bullet and order all the AEV goodies and the Expedition One bumper along with a 4 or 6" lift from Teraflex all at once and just go nuts. I'll have to see if I can get everything I want, installed for under 10k. Hopefully it's doable.

Edit: And if you happen to know where Xbroncoman is hiding his pics, let me know, I couldn't find them. Thanks again!

Last edited by SaharaBlackNo1; 05-30-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ChewyGranola
Got mine ordered today.
Now I am really broke.
How long did they tell you it would take to arrive? I'm just about all decided on my mods and I'm about to pull the trigger (right around 14k!) and want to know about how long it will take to arrive. I'd hate to get lifted, and everything else and then have to ride around with a dinky spare for months. lol But if I have to I will.

Oh and how long did the install take, for those who have this bumper?
Old 06-09-2008, 09:51 PM
JK Freak

Default BL

Im seeing problems if i where to have a body lift with this thing. I can't tell you how much i love the bumper and it instantly became a favorite... but with the body an inch higher that mounting point is off...

I guess with some fabrication i could make it fit by moving the bracket up... eh nvm i would have to move the bracket on the carrier too...

Am i right or can i still order it?

Last edited by eraujk; 06-09-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:01 AM
JK Newbie

Move the whole bumper up the same distance as your body lift when you mount it. That would be best because it keeps the functionality of coupled carrier and tailgate, cosmetically you get rid of the gap between the body and bumper, and you gain a greater exit angle.
One drawback could be some loss of protection in moving the bumper up.

Last edited by Tyner; 06-10-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:18 AM
JK Freak

not sure how you would mount it higher on the frame. Im sure i would end up drilling or making something for somewhere.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by shadowpro-jk
not sure how you would mount it higher on the frame. Im sure i would end up drilling or making something for somewhere.
Check the write-ups, it is possible with the factory bumper, I have done it as well with my 1" BL and factory bumper.

You are correct though, based on the pictures, some modifications would have to be made somewhere. I'm glad you pointed it out, because I'm interested in this bumper too---although months away from any rear bumper ordering.

Last edited by kidjeep; 06-10-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:15 PM
JK Super Freak

To those with the Expedition One, did it come with the Tow Loops or will I have to get those on my own? And the next silly question, as I've never had a bumper that had tow loops or a place for tow loops where does one get black powder coated tow loops to match the bumper?

Quick Reply: Expedition One Trail Series Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier