Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition One Trail Series Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier

Old 07-12-2009, 02:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scotlandjk
looks very nice im jealous. is the cb antenna mounted using the expo 1 mount? it seems very high. got any pics of it?
The mount came on the bumper, I guess I have the first generation bumper. The antenna sticks about 2 feet above the top of the Jeep. I also had a few spots of powder coating missing but just touched it up with flat black since it's gonna get scraped off in use anyways.

Last edited by gundybears; 07-12-2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Added a Picture
Old 07-12-2009, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How tall an antenna you using? Looks like a 4' job.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skippman
How tall an antenna you using? Looks like a 4' job.
Nah it's a 3 foot, just mounted high.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skippman
Here's a picture of mine. I'm impressed with the quality of the bumper but am concerned about the quality of the powder coating as it was missing in places when I go the bumper last week. I'm currently in talks to see what E1 is going to do to remedy the situation.

NOTE! Despite the wording on E1's website the Gen2 carriers do NOT come with a CB antenna mount!

Yeah, the powder coating was horrible on mine too. It was 'missing' in places and chipped in others, especially on the hub of the arm. I had to take it to a local powder coater to have it totally redone.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RAZORBACK
Yeah, the powder coating was horrible on mine too. It was 'missing' in places and chipped in others, especially on the hub of the arm. I had to take it to a local powder coater to have it totally redone.
For $1400 shipped I shouldn't have to do that.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got my Gen 2 Exp. One rear bumper/tire carrier this week. My powder coat is perfect, but I started the installation today and the studs on the spare tire mount do not match my wheel pattern. I have AEV wheels in the standard 5x5 configuration.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Could E-1 have sent me a tire mount with a 5x5.5 configuration? Like Skippman stated, by spending $1400, you'd expect everything to work as advertised.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

I like the look, very clean.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by cyruspura
I just got my Gen 2 Exp. One rear bumper/tire carrier this week. My powder coat is perfect, but I started the installation today and the studs on the spare tire mount do not match my wheel pattern. I have AEV wheels in the standard 5x5 configuration.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Could E-1 have sent me a tire mount with a 5x5.5 configuration? Like Skippman stated, by spending $1400, you'd expect everything to work as advertised.
It would be the first I'd head of it. I wasn't even aware they offered diffrent sized bolt paterns as there's no mention of it on the site.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got mine on Fri from FedEx and didnt accept it. The packaging pretty much sucked for 2 heavy pieces of metal to be to stuffed in there together. Which is probably why the tire carrier poked through the box and got chipped. Soooo I took it out and what do you know, chipped in another spot (in a spot that didnt poke throught the box). AND there was a small piece of plastic stuck to the swingarm just powdercoated over and when I flicked it off there of course was a bare spot. How the hell do you miss that? Do these things not get checked over when they get them back from powdercoating! And the answer was we will either "fix" this one when we get it back or send you a new one. Sweet I will get a touched up one sent back to me. And the powdercoat wasnt lookin to sturdy. Im sure a pebble hitting it will chip it. NOT IMPRESSED.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

glad I live in Utah and just went and picked mine up. no chips or imperfections that I could find.

Quick Reply: Expedition One Trail Series Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier