Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition One Trail Series Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier

Old 03-23-2009, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for those of you with a 1" Body lift how did the bumper fit on? also is there a carry rack available with this like on the LOD bumper
Old 04-13-2009, 09:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tboth09
for those of you with a 1" Body lift how did the bumper fit on?
x2 what he asked.

can you elaborate/show how you adjust it with a BL?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:49 PM
JK Newbie

I am getting mine next week. I live pretty close to Exp One shop. I have been by there quite a few times. I am sure when I finaly bought it they were thinking "its about time". But I am glad I waited, I really like the new support arm that they have on the tire carrier. When I bought it they asked if they could do the install, so they could make a video to post on their website.

I have a 1" bL on my JK. So to anwser the install question with a BL ... The braket that you attach to the gate has slots not just holes so it can move "down" as the body is "raised" up. Also the arm that attaches to the tire carrier has spacers that can be adjusted above and below the arm to make it fit .
Old 04-29-2009, 11:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ubermoose
Perfect!!!!

How well does it match the Shrockworks Mid-Width Front Bumper?

Anyone?

Was this ever answered? If so I missed it.
Is anyone on here running the Exp One rear bumper with a Shrockworks mid-width front bumper w/ the textured powdercoat? I was wondering how well the powdercoating matched up to each other.

Last edited by deadmoney; 04-29-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jme77
I am getting mine next week. I live pretty close to Exp One shop. I have been by there quite a few times. I am sure when I finaly bought it they were thinking "its about time". But I am glad I waited, I really like the new support arm that they have on the tire carrier. When I bought it they asked if they could do the install, so they could make a video to post on their website.

I have a 1" bL on my JK. So to anwser the install question with a BL ... The braket that you attach to the gate has slots not just holes so it can move "down" as the body is "raised" up. Also the arm that attaches to the tire carrier has spacers that can be adjusted above and below the arm to make it fit .

Thank you for the reply & specifics! Appreciate it.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had this bumper for awhile, and I love it. No rattles or squeaks. It's carrying a 35" tire and I still have half a window to see out of. When I got the bumper shipped, I was missing a bearing, but just picked one up at a parts store because I wanted to install it right away. The company felt bad and sent me a shirt and some other stuff. They are really nice and I hope they keep making kick ass stuff.

Last edited by gundybears; 07-12-2009 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Added a Picture
Old 07-12-2009, 09:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dunemobbin
I've had this bumper for awhile, and I love it. No rattles or squeaks. It's carrying a 35" tire and I still have half a window to see out of. When I got the bumper shipped, I was missing a bearing, but just picked one up at a parts store because I wanted to install it right away. The company felt bad and sent me a shirt and some other stuff. They are really nice and I hope they keep making kick ass stuff.

looks very nice im jealous. is the cb antenna mounted using the expo 1 mount? it seems very high. got any pics of it?
Old 07-12-2009, 09:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's a picture of mine. I'm impressed with the quality of the bumper but am concerned about the quality of the powder coating as it was missing in places when I go the bumper last week. I'm currently in talks to see what E1 is going to do to remedy the situation.

NOTE! Despite the wording on E1's website the Gen2 carriers do NOT come with a CB antenna mount!

Old 07-12-2009, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

IMO the first gen bumper looks way nicer. Is there any upgrades they did for the 2nd gen?
Old 07-12-2009, 10:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scootrrydr
IMO the first gen bumper looks way nicer. Is there any upgrades they did for the 2nd gen?
Yeah, charge you extra for the CB mount.

Quick Reply: Expedition One Trail Series Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier