Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Examples of crushed nerf bars

Old 02-27-2012, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Examples of crushed nerf bars

I'm trying to explain to my better half that a good set of rock sliders is a far better investment than nerf bars for use as a step.

I'm hoping some of you have pics of your factory nerfs/steps destroyed after a chance rock encounter. This is my best shot at justifying the investment.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-28-2012, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone got a pic or two of their destroyed steps, your past pain could be my gain

Thanks
Old 02-28-2012, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

Well the steps are long gone in the trash. But I can take some pics of the lovely dents the factory steps left as they were ripped out crawling over some falls.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is he planning on off roading much or rock crawling much? if he isnt, then no there is no problem at all with side steps or nerf bars, they were designed for a certain demographic in mind. I love off roading, but since my Jeep is my DD I dont take it rock crawling much as I cant afford to buy much under body armor so my Jeep until then wont be in the position to sustain much rock damage to destroy my side steps. There are plenty of trails in my neighbor state of Colorado that are just needing 4x4 and you are good to go. if he is planning on going over some rocks then yes, absolutely no side side steps or nerf bars, its a waste of $$ at that point as they will be trashed on the first run.

Quick Reply: Examples of crushed nerf bars