Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

The evolution of my JK....

Old 08-20-2008, 06:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

cool, nice looking rig. now some pics in action.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt
cool, nice looking rig. now some pics in action.
I knowwwwwwww.. tons of poser pics, I am dying to get on the trails. I have 3 problems right now. A wife, a 16mo old boy and a 6 week old girl......
Old 08-20-2008, 07:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buster04
I knowwwwwwww.. tons of poser pics, I am dying to get on the trails. I have 3 problems right now. A wife, a 16mo old boy and a 6 week old girl......
I'm with you on that 1 I never get to go out enough...
1. work
2. wife
3. 17mo old daughter

also have a 13yr old daughter, and a 4yr old daughter and a 2yr old bassett hound. damn all girls no wonder I work so much

but my 17mo old had her first wheeling trip when she was 14mo old.
gotta break em in early. they all love wheelin' but my wife. try to get her behind the wheel on every trail and she won't do it.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Buster,

Really, Really looking good.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:13 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt

I'm with you on that 1 I never get to go out enough...
1. work
2. wife
3. 17mo old daughter

also have a 13yr old daughter, and a 4yr old daughter and a 2yr old bassett hound. damn all girls no wonder I work so much

but my 17mo old had her first wheeling trip when she was 14mo old.
gotta break em in early. they all love wheelin' but my wife. try to get her behind the wheel on every trail and she won't do it.

Rookie!

I have 4 daughters the better half and a female black lab.
Mom, Stepmom, Mom~in~law, StepMom~in~law...

Doomed i tell ya, I'm doomed.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:20 AM
JK Jedi

Looking good!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is there a reason you got rid of the Light force lights ? Nice rig by the way! I don't know if I would have went to the expense of changing out the front bumper though, they look alot alike.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:22 AM
JK Freak

I definitely like v 3.0 the best.
Nice looking rig! I really dig that last bumper combo.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Junkie

How funny! It was pics of your line-x'd ARB bumper that convinced me not to purchase the AEV front bumper that I had been lusting for even before I owned my JK. Interesting . . . was it purely an aesthetic choice, or was there a functional, quality, etc., issue that you were addressing?

Originally Posted by buster04
Might want to check this thread if you haven't seen it already.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ht=spare+heavy

Some folks are having trouble with their tailgates after mounting 35's on the stock tire carrier.

Oh, by the way, you really do have a nice looking JK. I like the "cleaner" front-end look of the 3rd rendition, but wouldn't it have been possible to achieve that with the ARB bumper?

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 08-21-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
How funny! It was pics of your line-x'd ARB bumper that convinced me not to purchase the AEV front bumper that I had been lusting for even before I owned my JK. Interesting . . . was it purely an aesthetic choice, or was there a functional, quality, etc., issue that you were addressing?

Might want to check this thread if you haven't seen it already.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ht=spare+heavy

Some folks are having trouble with their tailgates after mounting 35's on the stock tire carrier.

Oh, by the way, you really do have a nice looking JK. I like the "cleaner" front-end look of the 3rd rendition, but wouldn't it have been possible to achieve that with the ARB bumper?
Hi.. Thanks.

The change from ARB to AEV was two reasons. 1. looks and 2. looks. I just did not like the 3 light set up and the big bull bar seemed to visually provide weird angels. NOW I will say when a Powerplant is tucked in there it looks hot- see member BOOTS JK. But I did not want the powerplant and wanted lights up front. After gawking at the AEV site for a solid month and seeing an AEV JK in person, i determined I wanted AEV ""look"

From a profile standpoint the AEV bull bar sits closer to the grill. Something I liked.

Re: 35 on stock mount- zero issues. It will not stay there for ever though, I want to see what AEV comes out with in terms of a rear.

Quick Reply: The evolution of my JK....