Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

EVO Rear RockSkins and Tire Carrier Install

Old 09-12-2013, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by echoshotz
For someone who has the carrier... How does it attach to the corners? More nutserts, or its it different? Looking at upgrading now that I have the builder corners
No more nutserts. It bolts through the corners.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:22 PM
JK Junkie

drills straight through into the empty cavity behind the lights.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:40 PM
JK Freak

Anyone have the average time of install on this? I'm looking at having a shop do it, time is very rare for me these days
Old 10-28-2013, 08:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's mine with the dual Rotopax mount & 4 gallon jug.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rotopax1.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	508820   Click image for larger version

Name:	rotopax mount.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	508821  
Old 04-02-2014, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just pulled the trigger on this tire carrier with skins and led. Im thinking about running some rigid lights on the back. Can i splice those directly into the factory reverse wire?Ups says it will be here friday and i have an appointment to get the carrier and skins powdercoated the same day so im going to try and install everything monday. Ive read this entire thread but any additional advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-02-2014, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes you can splice directly into the reverse wires. Just need some extra wire for length, but you are good to go.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh, and it might take more than a day to install. The skins don't exactly fit in place like a perfect puzzle. You kind of have to "smash" them into place (the skins) and make sure you install the johnny joints right away to make sure they go in all the way.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepmedic308
I just pulled the trigger on this tire carrier with skins and led. Im thinking about running some rigid lights on the back. Can i splice those directly into the factory reverse wire?Ups says it will be here friday and i have an appointment to get the carrier and skins powdercoated the same day so im going to try and install everything monday. Ive read this entire thread but any additional advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
You should really install it first and then remove and send it out for powder coat. The skins take a lot of massaging to get them to fit right trust me and you might damage your finish. Evo recommends doing it this way in their instructions as well.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

What Biggy said for sure. Always test fit everything before powdercoat. Don't spend all that money and find out something doesn't fit right. And trust me, I've done a few of the Evo tire carriers. While they are heavy duty and nice, they don't always fit so well. Sometimes some massaging is necessary.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jason mac
What Biggy said for sure. Always test fit everything before powdercoat. Don't spend all that money and find out something doesn't fit right. And trust me, I've done a few of the Evo tire carriers. While they are heavy duty and nice, they don't always fit so well. Sometimes some massaging is necessary.
Thanks for the info guys. What exactly does massaging mean?

Quick Reply: EVO Rear RockSkins and Tire Carrier Install