Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

EVO Rear RockSkins and Tire Carrier Install

Old 02-25-2013, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dyipney
Question for EVO. After drilling the 4.5" hole for the passenger side LED, I found that there's a vertical structural piece of metal almost directly behind the body panel. It could be there for the tailgate hinge assembly. How do you get the push-in LED housing to install properly with that piece in the way? Do you have to cut into it too?
I cut into mine with the 4.5" circular drill saw an inch or two when cutting through the body. Then just tapped the cut meta lin with a hammer to bend it into the whole. Fit fine after that.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Prime8
I cut into mine with the 4.5" circular drill saw an inch or two when cutting through the body. Then just tapped the cut meta lin with a hammer to bend it into the whole. Fit fine after that.
Thanks, Prime. I wasn't sure if there was anything connected to it from behind, and if I cut into it something else would fall off. If you've done it, I'm cool.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:41 AM
JK Junkie

Question for EVO. After drilling the 4.5" hole for the passenger side LED, I found that there's a vertical structural piece of metal almost directly behind the body panel. It could be there for the tailgate hinge assembly. How do you get the push-in LED housing to install properly with that piece in the way? Do you have to cut into it too?

i just cut that section out until the light fit in their.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:06 PM
JK Freak

Thanks, Prime. I wasn't sure if there was anything connected to it from behind, and if I cut into it something else would fall off. If you've done it, I'm cool.
It might not be good to cut into it, but I haven't experienced any problems from it yet.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by blockrockin
i just cut that section out until the light fit in their.
exactly, we cut this out on everyone we install.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

Nice to know cant wait to get mine in. Chris can you let me know if its gonna ship thiS week.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by rb1boxer_3
Nice to know cant wait to get mine in. Chris can you let me know if its gonna ship thiS week.
We shipped a couple carriers today and will continue shipping this week. Please PM me your name and I'll see if its shipped or when its going.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by EVO MFG

We shipped a couple carriers today and will continue shipping this week. Please PM me your name and I'll see if its shipped or when its going.
Mine shipped today, got my UPS tracking yesterday, scheduled for 1 Mar delivery.

Yeah buddy! Can't wait to install it, it's gonna be a pita, but worth it once done. I still need a nutsert tool. Anybody want to sell theirs.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 883IRONhorse

Mine shipped today, got my UPS tracking yesterday, scheduled for 1 Mar delivery.

Yeah buddy! Can't wait to install it, it's gonna be a pita, but worth it once done. I still need a nutsert tool. Anybody want to sell theirs.
I used the HF ones. Yeah they were cheap and I went through 2 of them, but they have a money back guarantee, so they were free tools!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Started installing my evo skins Monday, primed them yesterday and I'm going to paint them today and install them tomorrow and wire up the tail lights

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130227_062336.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	427387

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130227_062352.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	427389

Quick Reply: EVO Rear RockSkins and Tire Carrier Install