Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Evo Front Coilover Rubbing...

Old 01-29-2010, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spacers

I had that problem because I have 4.5 backspacing on my wheels. A 1.5 spidertrax spacer fixed the rubbing issue. I am running 37x13.50xR18
Old 01-29-2010, 11:00 AM
JK Junkie

Ya that is what I say... EVO has a declaimer about:

"Note: *Front Aftermarket CV Driveline is required for proper installation and is not included with kit. *EVO 14" Travel Front Coilover System on Manual Transmisson JK's requires exhaust modification.

But nothing what so ever on backspacing issues. That is the way I feel, I spent all that money, and chopped up my JK for something that has issues that were never mentioned. Update: Still no call back from EVO....

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-29-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gokracer1
Just seeing if anyone with the EVO front coil-over set up installed has had or is having rubbing issues?

I just got my kit installed this past weekend and it is now rubbing when I am at full turn in either directions and have the side up on a rock or anything higher then 6". The higher up it goes the worse it gets. I attempted to adjust my upper and lower control arms to see what would help. Seems the shorter I make the uppers the better it gets (More caster, but my pinion angle goes down=driveline binding/vibe). I talked to ORE and am waiting back for a reply from them.

I have 35"12.50 with 4.25 backspacing on 17x8 wheels.

Just seeing if anyone is having this issue.
Sorry for not getting back to you asap.

Is your axle centered at ride height?

Do you have any trackbar relocation brackets?

We have not really seen this except for vehicles with larger backspacing wheels.

Simple fixs:
1) Wheel spacers
2) Small adjustment on steering stops.
3) Smaller backspacing wheel (recommended)

Usually the phone is the best way to get ahold of someone when you would like to talk to them.

Give us a call anytime Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm PST
714-870-5515
Old 01-29-2010, 02:01 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Evolution
Sorry for not getting back to you asap.

Is your axle centered at ride height?

Do you have any trackbar relocation brackets?

We have not really seen this except for vehicles with larger backspacing wheels.

Simple fixs:
1) Wheel spacers
2) Small adjustment on steering stops.
3) Smaller backspacing wheel (recommended)

Usually the phone is the best way to get ahold of someone when you would like to talk to them.

Give us a call anytime Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm PST
714-870-5515

I did call, left a message, and sent 2 e-mails. But yes you did call me back after that post....
Old 01-29-2010, 10:15 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Gokracer1
*EVO 14" Travel Front Coilover System on Manual Transmisson JK's requires exhaust modification.
sorry a bit off topic... but what modification is required? my system is on order and it would be nice to know what I have to modify to get it to work... thanks
Old 01-31-2010, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can I see a picture of the setups with 3.75" backspacing or less, preferrably with stock fenders? The next setup I'm lookin at would put me there and I'm curious to how far it'll be stickin out. Thanks
Old 02-02-2010, 08:47 AM
JK Junkie

Bump.. anyone have an answer for my question?
Old 02-02-2010, 11:18 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Lo2aY
not 100% sure but, on my front drive shaft was making contact with the exhaust cross over at a full droop. we installed limiting straps to prevent any problems but, if the exhaust were rerouted, i would imagine limiting straps wouldn't be needed.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
not 100% sure but, on my front drive shaft was making contact with the exhaust cross over at a full droop. we installed limiting straps to prevent any problems but, if the exhaust were rerouted, i would imagine limiting straps wouldn't be needed.
X2 - also, we relocated my crossover (limited options) and I still have to run with limiting straps.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Lo2aY
i also think you would need to reroute the crossover. as the drive shaft can hit the exhaust crossover.

Originally Posted by 1 BAJK
X2 - also, we relocated my crossover (limited options) and I still have to run with limiting straps.
Randy, have Gerry and Adam re-route your crossover to behind the cross member like they did on mine. I have no rubbing issues at full droop and no limiting straps.

Quick Reply: Evo Front Coilover Rubbing...